This week, as minds here in New York and elsewhere are inevitably drawn back to 9/11 and its aftermath, the U.N. General Assembly (GA) will once again discuss the worldwide promoting a Culture of Peace.
This begs the question: what exactly is it?
As my lead suggests, it’s not the first [...]
Via IPS Tierramerica
As Beyonce’s video celebrating World Humanitarian Day continues to make its rounds through the internet, humanitarian workers on the ground in the drought-affected Sahel arguably have bigger fish to fry as they try to stave off deteriorating conditions in Niger and Mali amidst staggering shortages in relief funding.
As I reported last month, [...]
The media-themed International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples brings the relentless stereotyping of indigenous peoples by the mass media into focus, but as indigenous peoples themselves reclaim these stereotypes to advocate for their rights, the question arises, are Hollywood stereotypes a bane or blessing?
By Katie Taft
Among a sea of more than 3,000 journalists clacking away at keyboards in the media centre at the Rio+20 conference, Zofeen Ebrahim desperately searched for an adapter for her computer. Having arrived in Rio de Janeiro just 12 hours earlier, Ebrahim bubbled with nervous energy, or perhaps jetlag.
- Indigenous Peoples Link Their Development to Clean Energies
- Levelling the Playing Field for Persons with Disabilities in the United States
- UN Expects More Upheavals as Trump’s Foreign Policy Runs Wild
- The Cambodian Port City on China’s 21st Century Silk Road That’s Becoming the New Macau
- FNC Parliamentary Division affirms UAE’s leading role in attaining 2030 SDGs
- Bill Gates thanks UAE for role in the fight to end world poverty
- UN Agencies Launch Environmental Protection and Resilience Project for Host Communities and Refugees in Bangladesh
- An Urgent Need to Turn Down Rhetoric Against Migrants & Refugees
- Finding Comfort at Home: Soran’s Journey
- In the Race to Achieve Zero Hunger and Mitigate Climate Change, We Must Look Down — to the Soil