This week, as minds here in New York and elsewhere are inevitably drawn back to 9/11 and its aftermath, the U.N. General Assembly (GA) will once again discuss the worldwide promoting a Culture of Peace.
This begs the question: what exactly is it?
As my lead suggests, it’s not the first [...]
Via IPS Tierramerica
As Beyonce’s video celebrating World Humanitarian Day continues to make its rounds through the internet, humanitarian workers on the ground in the drought-affected Sahel arguably have bigger fish to fry as they try to stave off deteriorating conditions in Niger and Mali amidst staggering shortages in relief funding.
As I reported last month, [...]
The media-themed International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples brings the relentless stereotyping of indigenous peoples by the mass media into focus, but as indigenous peoples themselves reclaim these stereotypes to advocate for their rights, the question arises, are Hollywood stereotypes a bane or blessing?
By Katie Taft
Among a sea of more than 3,000 journalists clacking away at keyboards in the media centre at the Rio+20 conference, Zofeen Ebrahim desperately searched for an adapter for her computer. Having arrived in Rio de Janeiro just 12 hours earlier, Ebrahim bubbled with nervous energy, or perhaps jetlag.
- Fantasy Turned Nightmare for Human Trafficking Survivor who is now Thriving in the US
- Another Covid-19 Threat: Health Care Workers Under Attack
- International Women’s Day, 2021Women in Leadership Positions: An Economist’s View of International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day, 2021The Problem of the Respectable International Women’s Day – an Appeal for Good Trouble
- Myanmar: Protestors Plea for International Help as Analysts Fear Full Military Might
- What Role Can South-South Cooperation Play in Post COVID-19 Recovery?
- Demographic Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic: An Overview
- International Women’s Day, 2021To Aspire and Achieve- Women’s Leadership in the 21st Century
- International Women’s Day, 2021Feminist Leadership at the United Nations — Gender Equality Within & Without