by Mitchell Plitnick
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met with US President Barack Obama this week, following in the footsteps of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier in the month. But unlike Netanyahu, Abbas is a much less heralded or even well-known figure in Washington. And, above all, he is a [...]
Victoria’s secret is that, like the previous interceptions like those of and the Karine A, its interception comes at a time when Israel is being urged to move forward in the peace process and doesn’t want to. But it is also radically reinterpreting international law, particularly the Laws of Armed Conflict and the Law of the Sea.
- Hong Kong Protests: A Peaceful and Violent Weekend
- Two Million Children in West and Central Africa Robbed of an Education Due to Conflict
- Amazon Fires Heat Up Political Crisis in Brazil
- Little Hope of Justice for Rohingya, Two Years after Exodus
- G7 Leaders Urged to Promote Gender Empowerment
- How Tibet has Successfully Reduced Poverty
- Why Can’t Dynamic Asia-Pacific Beat Poverty?
- How to Bring the Indus Delta Back to Life – Give it Water
- The Syrian Tragedy
- A ‘Cure’ for Ebola but Will it Stop the Outbreak if People Won’t Get Treatment?