via IPS News
Graphic: The figures signify the number of times each country was mentioned in the Oct. 22 presidential debate. Credit: Zachary Fleischmann/IPS
U.S. strategy in the Greater Middle East, which has dominated foreign policy-making since the 9/11 attacks more than 11 years ago, similarly dominated the third and last debate between [...]
via Lobe Log
Republican vice presidential designate Paul Ryan is in Las Vegas today to meet with casino magnate and would-be political kingmaker Sheldon Adelson. He will also hold a public rally and private fundraising event at the Adelson-owned Venetian. Laura Myers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal noted, “The Sands [...]
Last month Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta made comments on CBS News that seemed to imply that Iran was working on a nuclear weapon. The Pentagon stated the next day that they were made “hypothetically” and that he was not suggesting that there was new intelligence pointing to secret nuclear facilities in Iran.
- Q&A: AIDS-Free Future Means Fighting Homophobia
- Chilean Development Still Tied to Copper Mining
- Rafsanjani Shut Out of Iran’s Presidential Race
- Growing Peas and Greens to Maximise Water Usage
- Water Flows Again in the Valley
- Kariba Dispossessed Still Waiting for Promised Better Life
- SA’s Africa Day Awareness Lagging Behind
- Can South Africa Help Nigeria to Industrialise?
- U.S. Strategy on Water, Development a “Major Advance”
- Stressed Ecosystems Leaving Humanity High and Dry