via Lobe Log
by Jasmin Ramsey
Two conversations are presently occurring in Washington about Iran. Hawks and hardliners are searching for new ways to force the Obama administration to tighten or impose further sanctions, and/or discussing when the US should strike the country. Meanwhile, doves and pragmatists have been pointing out the ineffectiveness of sanctions in [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
- Morocco Under Fire Over Women’s Rights Bill
- U.N.’s Post-2015 Agenda Needs a Triple Play
- Bringing Cameroon’s Marginalised to the Poverty Debate
- Gaza Returns to Donkey Days
- Iran Deal Looks Safe from Lawmakers’ Attack for Now
- Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan: Cold Leaders, Warm Ties
- Number 1
- Where Is the Global Economy Heading?
- Food Security, Trade Facilitation Clash in Bali
- The Asia-Africa Link Is IT