via Lobe Log
Considering the misleading claims made about non-existent Iraqi and Iranian nuclear weapons, and the ramifications of another costly and catastrophic war, there should be more analyses like Scott Peterson’s highlighting of lessons from the lead-up to the 2003 US invasion of Iraq.
A declassified January 2006 report published in [...]
via Lobe Log
The Christian Science Monitor’s star reporter Scott Peterson – author of a must-read book on Iranian history and politics post-1979 — provides an in-depth report on the decision-making process of Iran’s Leader, Ali Khamenei.
From inside his former jail cell, to a lifetime fighting personalities greater than his [...]
In a nice addendum to the compilation of Israeli and Western past and current official views about the so-called Iranian “threat” provided by Just Foreign Policy, the Christian Science Monitor’s Dan Murphy has categorized Israeli views on the political spectrum. Here are some Israeli “doves” on Iran:
1. Meir Dagan. The [...]
Council on Foreign Relations Fellow Matthew Fuhrmann and University of Virginia Professor Todd S. Sechser have a piece in The Christian Science Monitor in which they call for a reality check on the threat posed by a nuclear-armed Iran.
The crux of their argument is that advocates of the “military option” embrace two false [...]
With talks between Iran and the P5+1 group set to resume today for the first time in more than a year, the Iranian delegation will likely be troubled that the UN atomic agency chief — who doesn’t play a role in the negotiations — is seen by U.S. diplomats as sympathetic to U.S. positions on [...]
In a two-paragraph letter answering an invitation offered more than three months ago by the bloc’s foreign affairs chief, Catherine Ashton, the [...]
News and Views Relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for August 16th, 2010:
The Financial Times: Daniel Dombey reports that the White House has warned Turkey that it could lose access to U.S. weapons, including drone aircraft that Ankara wants to acquire for use in their fight with the Kurdish separatist PKK party after the United [...]
- Kenyan Pastoralists Fighting Climate Change Through Food Forests
- Even the Rich Have Not Harnessed Full Potential of Digital Economy
- Opinion: Hungry for Change, Achieving Food Security and Nutrition for All
- Birth Registrations Plummet in Wake of Ebola Epidemic
- Women, Peace and Security Agenda Still Hitting Glass Ceiling
- World Population to Hit 8.5 Billion by 2030
- U.N.’s Post-2015 Development Agenda Under Fire
- Opinion: Uneven MDG Progress Must Inspire Resolve to Do Much Better
- Workplace Diversity Still a Pipe Dream in Most U.S. Newsrooms
- Central America Fails to Take Advantage of Energy from Sun, Wind and Earth