by Mitchell Plitnick Once again, in his speech Wednesday at the United Nations, President Obama revealed the reduced importance of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on his agenda. He also revealed just how out of touch his entire country is with respect to reality. The Israel-Palestine conflict was the last specific global issue mentioned by Obama in his address
via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
Rare is the Middle East scholar or diplomat who departs from his customary groove in analyzing events in that region. Alas, I am — or was — one of the latter. Now, however, there come two books that just may cause a minor swerve from the usual rut [...]
- Ensuring Biodiversity Now will Prevent Pandemics Later
- No Woman Should Ever Die Giving Life
- Innovation Is an Imperative – for Sustainable Food Systems
- Women are Often an After-Thought in a Humanitarian Crisis
- Politics, Profits Undermine Public Interest in Covid-19 Vaccine Race
- Kenya’s Adolescent Women Left Behind As More Married Women Access Contraception
- Education Post-COVID-19: Customised Blended Learning is Urgently Needed
- ‘Declare remittance as an essential financial service’
- Are the SDGs in Reverse Gear?
- How is the COVID-19 impacting climate action?