by Mitchell Plitnick Once again, in his speech Wednesday at the United Nations, President Obama revealed the reduced importance of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on his agenda. He also revealed just how out of touch his entire country is with respect to reality. The Israel-Palestine conflict was the last specific global issue mentioned by Obama in his address
via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
Rare is the Middle East scholar or diplomat who departs from his customary groove in analyzing events in that region. Alas, I am — or was — one of the latter. Now, however, there come two books that just may cause a minor swerve from the usual rut [...]
- Economic Interests Harming Global Health: WHO Chief
- Natural Capital Investment Key to Africa’s Development
- Prickly Pears Drive Local Development in Northern Argentina
- Why Mainstreaming Biodiversity Is the Call for the Day
- Year of Judicial Accountability
- Is it in Europe’s Interest to Push Russia into China’s Arms?
- Humanitarian Summit: Too Big to Fail?
- Bangladesh’s Urban Slums Swell with Climate Migrants
- Species Loss, the Migration Hiding in Plain Sight
- Humanitarian Summit Aims to Mobilise Up to 30 Billion Dollars