via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Batters Cameroonians Seeking Secession
- Swelling Ethiopian Migration Casts Doubt on its Economic Miracle
- Kenyan Pastoralists Protest Wanton Destruction of Indigenous Forest
- Push to Privatise Education in Global South Challenged
- U.N. Committee Gets ‘Unhindered Access’ to Azerbaijan’s Detention Centres – But Is it Enough?
- Media Watchdog Unveils Top Ten Worst Censors
- Planned Mega-Port in Brazil Threatens Rich Ecological Region
- Corruption in Southeast Asia Said to Threaten Economic Integration
- Opinion: To Solve Hunger, Start with Soil
- Opinion: Burundi – Fragile Peace at Risk Ahead of Elections