by Mitchell Plitnick The media in Israel is abuzz with the news that Tzipi Livni will bring her Ha’Tnuah party into a joint ticket with the much larger Labor party. Now there is a tandem that can outpoll Likud, they are saying. The Israeli center just might be able to assert itself in this election.
by Mitchell Plitnick Once again, in his speech Wednesday at the United Nations, President Obama revealed the reduced importance of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on his agenda. He also revealed just how out of touch his entire country is with respect to reality. The Israel-Palestine conflict was the last specific global issue mentioned by Obama in his address
by Jim Lobe
I’ve been slowly reading Robert Gates’ Duty over the last week or so and some of it is quite pertinent in light of the recent recommendation by JINSA’s Michael Makovsky and Lt. Gen. David Deptula (ret.) in the Wall Street Journal that the Obama administration provide Israel with Massive Ordinance Penetrator (MOP) [...]
by Mitchell Plitnick
While Secretary of State John Kerry was in Israel declaring his aim to “exhaust all the possibilities of peace” to try to stop wasting the Obama Administration’s time and energy on the futile effort to find a resolution to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands, Congress was illustrating once again [...]
Four years ago, there was some hope in Washington that J Street, the self-proclaimed “pro-Israel, pro-peace” Jewish lobbying group, could someday provide a counterweight to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
No one expected J Street to seriously challenge AIPAC after just four years. But the organization’s track record to date [...]
- Kenya’s Adolescent Women Left Behind As More Married Women Access Contraception
- Education Post-COVID-19: Customised Blended Learning is Urgently Needed
- ‘Declare remittance as an essential financial service’
- Are the SDGs in Reverse Gear?
- How is the COVID-19 impacting climate action?
- Crisis Hits Oil Industry and Energy Transition Alike
- Unite Behind Environmental Science: Transforming Values and Behaviour is as Important as Restoring Global Ecosystems
- Biological Diversity is Fundamental to Human Health
- Internal Migration: A Literary/Historical View
- COVID-19: Global Supply Chain Resilience Relies on Soap & Water for Workers