via Lobe Log
By Richard Javad Heydarian
The recent war in Gaza has been portrayed as a political dividend for the main protagonists, namely Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu, Egypt’s Mohammad Morsi, and the Hamas leadership in Gaza, despite the tremendous psychological, infrastructural and humanitarian costs borne by innocent civilians, especially the Palestinians.
As Hamas and [...]
via Lobe Log
What a difference four years can make! Almost a week into Operation Pillar of Defense and the Israelis have yet to make the case for the necessity of continuing the attacks on Gaza in order to prevent Iran’s expansion of its influence in the region. No more President Shimon Peres [...]
- Opinion: BRICS for Building a New World Order?
- Perfecting Detection of the Bomb
- Toilets with Piped Music for Rich, Open Defecation on Rail Tracks for Poor
- Cuba: Blazing a Trail in the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- China Hailed as Leader for New Climate Plan
- Foreign Investment Fell Worldwide in 2014, U.N. Says
- Bangladeshi Migrants Risk High Seas and Smugglers to Escape Poverty
- U.N. Chief Seeks Equity in Paris Climate Change Pact
- Black Women in the Americas Launch Decade of Struggle
- U.S. Urged to Ramp up Aid for Agent Orange Clean-Up Efforts in Vietnam