via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Views split on nuclear deal implementation (part two)
- Rise of middle class undermined in East Europe & Central Asia
- The new normal in Fata
- UN Chief Focuses on World’s First Humanitarian Summit
- Eight Cooperation Accords Strengthen Ties between Colombia and UAE
- Kidneys going cheap in poor estate community
- CTBTO’s Verification System Thwarts Nuclear Tests
- Survivors Speak Out to End Genital Mutilation
- Violence is a preventable disease
- UN Seeks Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation