via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Trump’s UN Pick: “UN Could Benefit from a Fresh Set of Eyes”
- Lubna, Christian leaders visit Sir Bani Yas monastery
- Inequality (III): Less Employment… and More ‘Junk’ Jobs
- UN Meeting Says No to Anti-Muslim Hatred
- It’s Time We Get Serious About Organic Farming
- For a Cleaner World
- Cpec: Lessons from History
- Inequality (II): “It Will Take 170 Years for Women to Be Paid as Men Are”
- Why Institutions Are so Important for Growth
- Born Disadvantaged