via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Dangerous Combo: Violence in Pregnancy and HIV in South Africa
- Sun Shines on Forest Women
- Tahrir Square Finds a GrEEK Neighbour
- U.S. Plans to Speed Poultry Slaughtering, Cut Inspections
- Women Still Walk Two Steps Behind in Arab World
- The Standoff in Ukraine (and in Washington)
- New Economic Crisis Engulfing Developing Countries
- Kerala Throttling its Golden Goose
- Russians Back Crimea Action, They’d Better
- Untimely Rains Hit Cuban Tobacco Harvest