via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Puerto Rico’s Green Crusaders Still Going Strong
- OPINION: On Reproductive Rights, Progress with Concerns
- Vaca Muerta, Argentina’s New Development Frontier
- Zimbabwe’s Family Planning Dilemma
- OPINION: A Roadmap to Living – and Thriving – in Harmony with Nature
- Boosting Incomes and Empowering Rural Women in Cuba
- From Subsistence to Profit, Swazi Farmers Get a Helping Hand
- Lack of Accountability Fuels Gender-Based Violence in India
- U.S. to Create National Plan on Responsible Business Practices
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks