via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Sri Lanka’s Development Goals Fall Short on Gender Equality
- Kerry Brings Promise of 45 Million Dollars for Kenya’s Massive Refugee Camp
- Urban Slums a Death Trap for Poor Children
- Costa Rica’s Energy Nearly 100 Percent Clean
- Families in Quake-Hit Nepal Desperate to Get on With Their Lives
- Popular Nigerian Writer Headlines at Blockbuster World Voices Fest
- EU Calls for Paradigm Shift in Development Cooperation
- Opinion: Healthy Diets for Healthy Lives
- Israel Slammed Over Treatment of Palestinian Children in Detention
- Close to a Thousand Nigerian Girls Freed, Many Malnourished or Pregnant