via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Shale Oil Threatens the High Prices Enjoyed by OPEC
- Internal Ruling Party Wrangles Stall Development in Zimbabwe
- Women on the Edge of Land and Life
- Rich Countries Pony Up (Some) for Climate Justice
- OPINION: The Decline of Social Europe is Part of a World Trend
- Filipino Farmers Protest Government Research on Genetically Modified Rice
- Laying the Foundations of a World Citizens Movement
- Survivors of Sexual Violence Face Increased Risks
- Central American Civil Society Calls for Protection of Local Agriculture at COP20
- Civil Society Freedoms Merit Role in Post-2015 Development Agenda