via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
Our IPS colleague Omid Memarian has a piece up at the wire explaining Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s sudden Monday firing of his foreign minister, Manoucher Mottaki.
Memarian’s piece draws on Iranian sources to describe the political context of, and gauge reactions to, Mottaki’s firing and his interim replacement by Ali Akbar Salehi, until now [...]
- Zero Garbage Plan Tied to Fate of Ousted Bogotá Mayor
- Indian Gays Prepare to Fight Again
- Climate Makes Refugees Out of Young Ghanaians
- Illicit Capital Leaving Developing Countries Up by 14 Percent
- U.S. Urged to Change Policy on Support to Victims of Sexual Violence
- Mundurukú Indians in Brazil Protest Tapajós Dams
- OP-ED: Schools Bring Hope in Devastated Philippines
- In Home Gardens, Income and Food for Urban Poor
- Reaching Quietly for the ‘Solidarity Basket’
- Number 6