via Lobe Log
Election Day in the United States was — as it has been since 1845 — a Tuesday, which meant that it also coincided with “Terror Tuesday,” the label attached to the meetings held by President Obama and his inner national security circle to discuss and authorize drone strikes based on the Administration’s [...]
via Lobe Log
The Washington Post‘s Greg Miller has begun a three-part series on the future of the Obama Administration’s counterterrorism drone strike program, which will include a “next-generation targeting list” (aka “kill list”) in the form of a “dipposition matrix”.
Though the White House, CIA, JSOC and ODNI declined comment requests, the article cites [...]
- $1.7 Trillion Global Spending on Military in 2017: Highest since End of Cold War
- “See a child begging? Call the police!” UN Migration Agency Calls on Ukrainians to Fight Child Exploitation
- Swedish PM ahead of the ILO Conference: It’s not arm wrestling
- Media Watchdogs Fear a Chill in Slovakia
- “Cultural Diversity Is the Greatest Strength of Humanity,” Says the Chairman of the Geneva Centre
- Upholding International Law in the Context of International Peace & Security
- Can Preventive Diplomacy Avert Military Conflicts?
- Agricultural Trade Liberalization Undermined Food Security
- World Green Economy Summit to kick off in October in Dubai
- UNHCR launches global #HandinHand campaign