by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
While the U.S. and Iranian heads of state have yet to meet, the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly may mark a new era between the two countries.
After more than 30 years of frozen US-Iran relations, President Barack Obama announced Tuesday during his address [...]
by Jim Lobe
via IPS News
In a reshuffle of top foreign policy posts in his second term, U.S. President Barack Obama Wednesday announced that his controversial and blunt-spoken U.N. ambassador, Susan Rice, will replace Tom Donilon as his national security adviser.
He also announced that another longtime aide on the [...]
J Street’s annual conference hosted a panel discussion this morning on “Averting the Crisis: American Policy Options.” The panel was notably missing the hawkish voice of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy’s Patrick Clawson (who canceled earlier in the morning). The resulting panel largely reflected the realist view that a U.S. [...]
- Pemex Exploits Fossil Fuels with Money from International Banks
- Skyrocketing Inflation Puts Food Security in Pakistan at Risk
- After Nagorno-Karabakh, is Armenia Next?
- Why Floods ‘Beyond Our Imagination’ Hit Nepalese Himalayan Town
- Bahrain’s Political Prisoners: Resistance Against the Odds
- Alarm Bells are Ringing at Halfway Point of the 2030 Agenda
- African Coups and Resource Rights
- ‘The International Community Must Act on Afghanistan’ – PODCAST
- Beyond Words: The Urgent Call for the US to Address Global Inequality Through Climate Action
- Poverty & Hunger Eradication Targeted to Miss UN’s 2030 Deadline by Wide Margins