via Lobe Log
by Peter Jenkins
I was still a serving diplomat in Vienna when, in January 2006, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran had resumed uranium enrichment, suspended since November 2003. Like my Western colleagues, I feared the worst. I assumed that Iran was going to install as many centrifuges [...]
A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
- Innovation for Climate-Smart Agriculture Key to Ending Hunger in Kenya
- Austrian Elections: The Crisis of Europe Continues
- Cycles of Wealth in Brazil’s Amazon: Gold, Lumber, Cattle and Now, Energy
- Global Interfaith LGBTIQ Leaders Convene at UN for Expert-level Dialogue
- Good Men Should Not be Quiet Spectators in Sexual Assaults
- World Campaign to Clean Torrents of Plastic Dumped in the Oceans
- UN Migration Chief Ends Visit to Bangladesh as Bleak Picture Emerges of Rohingya Settlements
- Can Index Insurance Make African Farmers Climate-resilient?
- Mexican Immigrants Help Sustain Two Economies – and Are Discarded
- Global Campaign to Smoke Out Tobacco Firms from UN Body