via Lobe Log
by Peter Jenkins
I was still a serving diplomat in Vienna when, in January 2006, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran had resumed uranium enrichment, suspended since November 2003. Like my Western colleagues, I feared the worst. I assumed that Iran was going to install as many centrifuges [...]
A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
- Indigenous Women: The Frontline Protectors of the Environment
- Informal Labour, Another Wall Faced by Migrants in Latin America
- New Generation Rallies to Climate Cause in Trinidad
- World Bank Must Stop Encouraging Harmful Tax Competition
- IPS Journalists Who Perished in the Line of Duty
- Double standards: Do all journalist lives matter?
- Worrying about Fake News Has Become All the Rage
- No Trace of the Nicaraguan Interoceanic Canal
- How to Undermine Democracy – Curtail Civil Society Rights
- No One is Left Behind