via Lobe Log
by Peter Jenkins
I was still a serving diplomat in Vienna when, in January 2006, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran had resumed uranium enrichment, suspended since November 2003. Like my Western colleagues, I feared the worst. I assumed that Iran was going to install as many centrifuges [...]
A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
- Is Newly-Renovated U.N. Readying For Balkanisation of World?
- Can ‘Womenomics’ Stem the Feminisation of Poverty in Japan?
- Promoting Human Rights Through Global Citizenship Education
- Honduran Mothers and Grandmothers Search Far and Wide for Missing Migrants
- Uganda’s Youth Discover the Beauty in Farming
- OPINION: Fighting ISIS and the Morning After
- OPINION: Sleepwalking Towards Nuclear War
- Nuclear Deal with Iran Likely to Enhance U.S. Regional Leverage
- Latin America at a Climate Crossroads
- U.N. Pushes Climate-Smart Agriculture – But Are the Farmers Willing to Change?