via Lobe Log
by Peter Jenkins
I was still a serving diplomat in Vienna when, in January 2006, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran had resumed uranium enrichment, suspended since November 2003. Like my Western colleagues, I feared the worst. I assumed that Iran was going to install as many centrifuges [...]
A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
- Fighting Oppression in Iran, One App at a Time
- Lebanon Joins Jordan and Tunisia in Fight Against Rapists Impunity
- Disaster Strikes Freetown – over 400 Dead and 600 Still Missing
- 2017 World Water Week: ‘Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse’
- Jordan Abolishes Law Allowing Rapists to Avoid Prosecution
- Quantitative Easing for Wealth Redistribution
- Buffalo Revive Local Economy in Remote Bay of Bengal Islands
- Who is Latin America and the Caribbean leaving behind?
- Internet Shutdowns in Africa Stifling Press Freedom
- Union Conflict Rages on in South Africa