by Jasmin Ramsey
The title of this post is a quote from Shaul Bakhash, a George Mason University professor who moderated a panel discussion, “Iran, the Next Five Years: Change or More of the Same?“ at the Wilson Center today. “In a way, we’ve been here before,” said the esteemed scholar, referring [...]
by Farideh Farhi
Iranian news agencies are reporting that a “knowledgeable source” is suggesting Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif cancelled his dinner meeting with EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton on the eve of nuclear talks in Vienna to protest her meeting with civil and women’s rights activists, including the [...]
via Lobe Log
Since Saturday, more than a dozen young journalists working for five reformist newspapers and journals, one news agency (Iranian labor News Agency or ILNA), and one website (Baztab), have been arrested mostly at their place of work on order from the Iranian Judiciary. Little is yet known about the reasons for [...]
- Worrying about Fake News Has Become All the Rage
- No Trace of the Nicaraguan Interoceanic Canal
- How to Undermine Democracy – Curtail Civil Society Rights
- No One is Left Behind
- Long Way to Go for Indigenous Rights Protection
- Indigenous Peoples – Best Allies or Worst Enemies?
- With an Eye on Electoral Violence, Kenya Keeps Tight Rein on Media
- Has Trump pulled the trigger for World War III?
- How Feminists Have Catapulted Women to National Leadership Roles
- Fate of Earth Must Not be Decided by US & Fellow Nuclear States