by Jasmin Ramsey
The title of this post is a quote from Shaul Bakhash, a George Mason University professor who moderated a panel discussion, “Iran, the Next Five Years: Change or More of the Same?“ at the Wilson Center today. “In a way, we’ve been here before,” said the esteemed scholar, referring [...]
by Farideh Farhi
Iranian news agencies are reporting that a “knowledgeable source” is suggesting Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif cancelled his dinner meeting with EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton on the eve of nuclear talks in Vienna to protest her meeting with civil and women’s rights activists, including the [...]
via Lobe Log
Since Saturday, more than a dozen young journalists working for five reformist newspapers and journals, one news agency (Iranian labor News Agency or ILNA), and one website (Baztab), have been arrested mostly at their place of work on order from the Iranian Judiciary. Little is yet known about the reasons for [...]
- Opinion: Illicit Financial Flows
- World Farmers’ Organisation Meeting Eyes New Markets, Fresh Investment
- Can the UN Security Council Stop Hospitals Being Targets in War?
- A long, Insulting Walk to Justice for Rape Victims in Bangladesh
- El Nino-Induced Drought in Zimbabwe
- Violence Against Women Journalists Threatens Media Freedom
- UN Predicts 40 Percent Water Shortfall by 2030
- How We Can Keep Press Freedom from Withering Away?
- A Tale of Twin States
- Democracy Under Construction