by Jasmin Ramsey
The title of this post is a quote from Shaul Bakhash, a George Mason University professor who moderated a panel discussion, “Iran, the Next Five Years: Change or More of the Same?“ at the Wilson Center today. “In a way, we’ve been here before,” said the esteemed scholar, referring [...]
by Farideh Farhi
Iranian news agencies are reporting that a “knowledgeable source” is suggesting Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif cancelled his dinner meeting with EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton on the eve of nuclear talks in Vienna to protest her meeting with civil and women’s rights activists, including the [...]
via Lobe Log
Since Saturday, more than a dozen young journalists working for five reformist newspapers and journals, one news agency (Iranian labor News Agency or ILNA), and one website (Baztab), have been arrested mostly at their place of work on order from the Iranian Judiciary. Little is yet known about the reasons for [...]
- European Residents Offer Support, Homes to Refugees
- Europe Invaded Mostly by “Regime Change” Refugees
- Italy Joins Internet Rights ‘Club’
- Opinion: Can Nuclear War be Avoided?
- Sustainable Settlements to Combat Urban Slums in Africa
- Two Indigenous Solar Engineers Changed Their Village in Chile
- Killing of Aid Workers Threatens Humanitarian Response in Yemen
- Opinion: Women in the Face of Climate Change
- Who Will Pay the Price for Australia’s Climate Change Policies?
- Urban Farming Mushrooms in Africa Amid Food Deficits