by Jasmin Ramsey
The title of this post is a quote from Shaul Bakhash, a George Mason University professor who moderated a panel discussion, “Iran, the Next Five Years: Change or More of the Same?“ at the Wilson Center today. “In a way, we’ve been here before,” said the esteemed scholar, referring [...]
by Farideh Farhi
Iranian news agencies are reporting that a “knowledgeable source” is suggesting Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif cancelled his dinner meeting with EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton on the eve of nuclear talks in Vienna to protest her meeting with civil and women’s rights activists, including the [...]
via Lobe Log
Since Saturday, more than a dozen young journalists working for five reformist newspapers and journals, one news agency (Iranian labor News Agency or ILNA), and one website (Baztab), have been arrested mostly at their place of work on order from the Iranian Judiciary. Little is yet known about the reasons for [...]
- In India, an Indoor Health Crisis
- World Misses Its Potential by Excluding 50 Percent of Its People
- Opinion: Eco-efficient Crop and Livestock Production for Nicaraguan Farmers
- Newly Recognised Indigenous Rights a Dead Letter?
- Can Indigenous and Wildlife Conservationists Work Together?
- Opinion: Bridging the Gap – How the SDG Fund is Paving the Way for a Post-2015 Agenda
- Brazil Called upon to Block Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus Trees
- 42 Human Rights Groups Slam Indonesia’s Death Penalty
- Opinion: Reforming Mental Health in India
- Prominent Lawyer Defending the Poor Gunned Down in Mozambique