by Farideh Farhi & Jasmin Ramsey
Editor’s Note: Following is Jasmin Ramsey’s introduction and interview with Farideh Farhi, an independent scholar and expert on Iran from the University of Hawaii who has been in Tehran since the end of August.
The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was inaugurated [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
- Novelists, Directors Respond as ‘Water Wars’ Loom
- Caribbean Looks to France as Key Partner in Climate Financing
- Opinion: Voice of Civil Society Muffled in Post-2015 Negotiations for Better Future
- A Chimera in Growing Cooperation Between China and Brazil
- Germany’s Asylum Seekers – You Can’t Evict a Movement
- Opinion: New World Information Order, Internet and the Global South – Part I
- Climate Change: Some Companies Reject ‘Business as Usual’
- Pakistan’s Streets Kids Drop the Begging Bowl, Opt for Pencils Instead
- The U.N. at 70: The Past and Future of U.N. Peacekeeping
- Burundi Leader, Stifling Attempted Coup, Cracks Down on Media