by Farideh Farhi & Jasmin Ramsey
Editor’s Note: Following is Jasmin Ramsey’s introduction and interview with Farideh Farhi, an independent scholar and expert on Iran from the University of Hawaii who has been in Tehran since the end of August.
The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was inaugurated [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
- Mapping Kashmir
- A Disaster-in-Waiting
- Poorest Countries Have Progressed but Fragile Countries Lag Behind
- Conjuring Growth from the Trans-Pacific Partnership TPP
- The Humanitarian Clock Is Ticking, The Powerful Feign Deafness
- New and Old Vaccines Still Out of Reach for Many
- Least Developed Countries Still Face Significant Challenges
- The Caracas Crunch
- OPINION: Central America, Still Caught Up in the Arms Race
- Water Woes Put a Damper on Myanmar’s Surging Economy