by Farideh Farhi & Jasmin Ramsey
Editor’s Note: Following is Jasmin Ramsey’s introduction and interview with Farideh Farhi, an independent scholar and expert on Iran from the University of Hawaii who has been in Tehran since the end of August.
The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was inaugurated [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
- Not Without Our Daughters: Lambada Women Fight Infanticide and Child Trafficking
- Aboriginal Businesses Stimulate Positive Change in Australia
- Zimbabwe Faces Troubling Spike in Cases of Multi-Drug Resistant TB
- After Nine Years of Foot-Dragging, U.N. Ready for Talks on High Seas Treaty
- Think Tanks Discuss Role In Global Issues
- OPINION: Greece Gives EU the Chance to Rediscover Its Social Responsibility
- U.N. Emergency Fund Doles Out $100 Million for Aid Operations
- 2014 Worst on Record for Rhino Poaching in South Africa
- General Assembly Holds Informal Meeting on Anti-Semitism
- Forced Disappearances Are Humanitarian Crisis in Mexico