by Farideh Farhi & Jasmin Ramsey
Editor’s Note: Following is Jasmin Ramsey’s introduction and interview with Farideh Farhi, an independent scholar and expert on Iran from the University of Hawaii who has been in Tehran since the end of August.
The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was inaugurated [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
- In India, a Broken System Leaves a ‘Broken’ People Powerless
- As Ebola Approaches Zero, Immunisation Gets a Boost in West Africa
- Q&A: “People Need to Be at the Centre of Development”
- Jazz as a Force for Peace and Freedom
- Unsafe Abortions Continue to Plague Kenya
- Opinion: Lack of Trade Finance a Barrier for Developing Countries
- The Blue Amazon, Brazil’s New Natural Resources Frontier
- The U.N. at 70: Impressive Successes and Monumental Failures
- Draconian Ban on Abortion in El Salvador Targeted by Global Campaign
- Watch What Happens When Tribal Women Manage India’s Forests