via IPS News
With President Barack Obama winning re-election, foreign policy analysts here are pondering whether his victory will translate into major changes from the rather cautious approach he followed overseas in his first term.
For now, speculation is focused primarily on the Middle East, the region that has dominated the international agenda [...]
via Lobe Log
Politico has the scoop on an expensive advertisement funded by a mideast-focused hawkish advocacy group featuring an aggressive speech that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made on Sept. 11. The ad is scheduled to air in several cities in Florida tomorrow, where the Jewish vote [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Jul 30 2012 (IPS) - Congress’s rush to pass new sanctions against Iran ahead of the August recess comes amidst an intensified drive to pin the Iranian government to deadly acts of international terrorism and amplified moves by U.S. politicians to demonstrate their support for Mideast ally Israel ahead of [...]
- Refugees Living a Nightmare in Northern Pakistan
- Malnutrition Hits Syrians Hard as UN Authorises Cross-Border Access
- U.S. Ranks Near Bottom Globally in Energy Efficiency
- Child Migrants – A “Torn Artery” in Central America
- Why No Vetoed Resolutions on Civilian Killings in Gaza?
- Do Not GM My Food!
- St. Lucia Builds Resilience to Drought and Flooding
- Caribbean Grapples with Intense New Cycles of Flooding and Drought
- As Winds of Change Blow, South America Builds Its House with BRICS
- India’s Cut-Rose Sector Pushes Past Barriers