by Mitchell Plitnick The media in Israel is abuzz with the news that Tzipi Livni will bring her Ha’Tnuah party into a joint ticket with the much larger Labor party. Now there is a tandem that can outpoll Likud, they are saying. The Israeli center just might be able to assert itself in this election.
by Mitchell Plitnick
They were dueling op-eds, one in the New York Times and the other in the Jewish communal magazine, Tablet. The question being bandied between them was whether Israel is becoming a theocracy. Not surprisingly, both pieces missed the mark. It’s not theocracy but unbridled nationalism that is the threat [...]
by Paul Mutter
The “Sheldon Primary” is how casino mogul Sheldon Adelson showcases his political clout in the United States. As Jim Lobe reports, Israel was the main issue on the table for the line of Republican hopefuls who came to Las Vegas this weekend to curry favor with the pro-Israel billionaire [...]
by Mitchell Plitnick
It is clear that US citizens need to start asking what exactly we are supporting in Israel. The general belief and political rhetoric tell us that the US is, through military aid and diplomatic support, protecting Israel’s very existence, that is, the lives of millions of Jews whose history [...]
via Lobe Log
On today’s MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Israeli Deputy Knesset Speaker Danny Danon disapproved of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s comments
While Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s thinking on Iran is well documented — given Jeffrey Goldberg “channelling” him or his advisers’ apocalyptic rhetoric on the matter – his developing views on Turkey and the as-yet-uncreated Palestinian State are now coming to the surface.
On May 6, just before dawn, Ameer Makhoul was arrested. Initial reports state that the Haifa home of the director of Ittijah, a network of NGOs and grassroots organizations representing the interests of Arab citizens of Israel, was invaded by 16 Israeli security agents police officers…On May 7, the IAEA released the preliminary agenda for its June 2010 meeting, and for the very first time, Israel’s nuclear program is slated to be scrutinized as never before.
- Heifer Nepal Farmers Persevere During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Education Cannot Wait Interviews Karina Gould, Canada’s Minister of International Development
- Women and Girls with Disabilities: Planning for Periods During a Pandemic
- Somerset Maugham, His Short Stories, and Singapore: Mutual Influences
- Q&A: How Kazakhstan’s Transgender and Lesbian Women are Being Impacted by COVID-19
- Lebanese Financial Crisis Validates Importance of Abolishing ‘Kafala’
- World Population Day 2020 – ‘The Time is Now to Accelerate the Promise for Women and Girls’
- COVID-19 & Why We Care
- The Return
- Covid-19 And Migrant Workers: Planning the return and reintegration of forced returnees