by Jim Lobe
via IPS News
Despite Thursday’s announcement that President Barack Obama has decided to provide direct military assistance to Syrian rebels, what precisely the administration has in mind remains unclear.
Analysts here are also questioning whether the decision is part of a deliberate strategy – and, if so, what that strategy [...]
Foreign Policy’s Middle East Channel blog has published an article I’ve written on the ongoing holdup of U.S. military aid to the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF). Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s visit to Lebanon last week showcased both the increasing importance of empowering the LAF and the deep misunderstanding and impatience exhibited by those in [...]
News and Views Relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for August 13th, 2010:
Huffington Post: Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch calls for the United States to bomb Iran. Citing the concerns of Sunni Arab allies, Israel, and even Europeans, who Koch says would be within range of rockets being developed by Iran, Koch [...]
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need
- Trump Pitched his Vision of a Global Order — at Odds with the UN Charter
- Scientists Draw up Guidelines to Help Agri-food Companies Align with 2030 Agenda
- Bending the Curve on Biodiversity Loss Requires Nothing Less than Transformational Change
- Africa at the Crossroads: Time to Abandon Failing Green Revolution
- Anne Larigauderie UN Biodiversity Summit #ForNature Video
- Looking for Jobs in Latin America – Can the Energy Transition Help?
- Fighting India’s Bonded Labour During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Part 1