via Lobe Log
Considering the misleading claims made about non-existent Iraqi and Iranian nuclear weapons, and the ramifications of another costly and catastrophic war, there should be more analyses like Scott Peterson’s highlighting of lessons from the lead-up to the 2003 US invasion of Iraq.
A declassified January 2006 report published in [...]
via IPS News
Amidst reports that stalled negotiations with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme may soon be jump-started, many here are arguing that a mutually negotiated settlement remains the most effective option for resolving the dispute and averting the threat of war.
“We believe there is time and clearly there is an [...]
Does the selection of Iran’s nuclear czar as its new (interim) foreign minister say anything about nuclear negotiations between Iran and the West? We don’t really know, and given that the next round of talks is only a month away, we might not know until news breaks from Istanbul.
Let’s get caught up with [...]
- U.S. Plans to Speed Poultry Slaughtering, Cut Inspections
- Women Still Walk Two Steps Behind in Arab World
- The Standoff in Ukraine (and in Washington)
- New Economic Crisis Engulfing Developing Countries
- Kerala Throttling its Golden Goose
- Russians Back Crimea Action, They’d Better
- Untimely Rains Hit Cuban Tobacco Harvest
- U.N. Struggles for Relevancy in Ukraine Crisis
- India Fights a Tougher TB
- Oscar Win To Boost Kenya’s Fledgling Entertainment Industry