via Lobe Log
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pulled an “October surprise” out of his hat when he announced his Likud party would form a joint list in the upcoming election with Avigdor Lieberman’s fascist Yisrael Beiteinu party. This is more of a partnership than a merger, but it has profound implications.
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Batters Cameroonians Seeking Secession
- Swelling Ethiopian Migration Casts Doubt on its Economic Miracle
- Kenyan Pastoralists Protest Wanton Destruction of Indigenous Forest
- Push to Privatise Education in Global South Challenged
- U.N. Committee Gets ‘Unhindered Access’ to Azerbaijan’s Detention Centres – But Is it Enough?
- Media Watchdog Unveils Top Ten Worst Censors
- Planned Mega-Port in Brazil Threatens Rich Ecological Region
- Corruption in Southeast Asia Said to Threaten Economic Integration
- Opinion: To Solve Hunger, Start with Soil
- Opinion: Burundi – Fragile Peace at Risk Ahead of Elections