via Lobe Log
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pulled an “October surprise” out of his hat when he announced his Likud party would form a joint list in the upcoming election with Avigdor Lieberman’s fascist Yisrael Beiteinu party. This is more of a partnership than a merger, but it has profound implications.
- World Celebrates 250 Years Since First Freedom of Information Act
- New Generation Aims to Plug Africa’s Research Deficit
- High-Level Defamation Cases Curb Critical Journalism
- On World Press Freedom Day, A View From Asia
- Could the UN be Doing More to Protect Journalists?
- Analysis: The Role of the Free Press in Sustainable Development
- Mideast: 1 in 3 Bribes to Access Basic Public Services
- Indian Women Worst Hit by Water Crisis
- The Family Garden Going Out of Style in Cuban Countryside
- Odd Situation in the “Paradise” of Press Freedom