via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
Rare is the Middle East scholar or diplomat who departs from his customary groove in analyzing events in that region. Alas, I am — or was — one of the latter. Now, however, there come two books that just may cause a minor swerve from the usual rut [...]
By Soraya Sepahpour-Ulrich
George Santayana wisely said: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Oblivious to history and its lessons, the United States and its Western allies are repeating their actions from the 1950’s–that of imposing an oil embargo on Iran. The US-led alliance has forgotten [...]
- Foreign Investment Expands in Cuba…Despite Everything
- Combating Climate Change? Combat Land Degradation, Says UNCCD Chief
- New Study Concludes Europe’s Mediterranean Border Remains ‘World’s Deadliest’
- Will DNA Data Base Deter Sexual Abuse at UN?
- Conservative Onslaught Undermines Gender Advances in Latin America
- A Cop Out at COP23?
- Why UN’s Global Compact on Refugees Must Address Needs of Young People
- Violence: Unending Woes of Indian Women
- IsDB and AfDB partner to boost agriculture and fight drought in Africa
- Violence Against Women is Fundamentally About Power