via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
Rare is the Middle East scholar or diplomat who departs from his customary groove in analyzing events in that region. Alas, I am — or was — one of the latter. Now, however, there come two books that just may cause a minor swerve from the usual rut [...]
By Soraya Sepahpour-Ulrich
George Santayana wisely said: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Oblivious to history and its lessons, the United States and its Western allies are repeating their actions from the 1950’s–that of imposing an oil embargo on Iran. The US-led alliance has forgotten [...]
- New Generation Rallies to Climate Cause in Trinidad
- World Bank Must Stop Encouraging Harmful Tax Competition
- IPS Journalists Who Perished in the Line of Duty
- Double standards: Do all journalist lives matter?
- Worrying about Fake News Has Become All the Rage
- No Trace of the Nicaraguan Interoceanic Canal
- How to Undermine Democracy – Curtail Civil Society Rights
- No One is Left Behind
- Long Way to Go for Indigenous Rights Protection
- Indigenous Peoples – Best Allies or Worst Enemies?