by Diana L. Ohlbaum*
“Speak loudly and carry a small stick.” That pretty much sums up the advice provided by a steady stream of withering critics of President Obama’s foreign policy.
Spurred by off-the-cuff remarks the president made at a news conference in the Philippines last April, the elite blogosphere lit up across the spectrum [...]
by Robert E. Hunter
Turnover in top US foreign policy and national security jobs can often be a “good thing” — for the nation and the world. New brooms at least start out with a different look at the world, its problems, challenges to the United States, and choices about what to do.
This also [...]
- Intercontinental Energy Forum to Discuss Post-Covid Challenges
- Peace in the Middle East
- ‘Leave No one Behind’: How Inclusive is World Leaders’ Call to Climate Action?
- #TurnItAround: One Week to Mobilize for the Future
- Ecology is Economy – ‘We Need an Integrated Approach Between Lives and Livelihoods’
- Pushing the Reset Button will not Change the Game
- What UN Needs is a Cease-Fire Inside its own Security Council
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need