via Lobe Log
Foreign Policy’s Stephen Walt highlights a chart by Belfer Center fellow Matt Waldman showing that as the US-led 2009 “Surge” in Afghanistan proceeded, US casualties increased. The pace in 2012 is also roughly similar to the toll from the previous two years:
Equally important, the final column (based on figures [...]
via IPS News
Paula Broadwell, whose affair with Gen. David Petraeus brought his career to a sudden end last week, had sought to help defend his decision in 2010 to allow village destruction in Afghanistan that not only violated his own previous guidance but the international laws of war.
But her efforts had [...]
- Will Vision 2030 Usher the New Kingdom of Saud? – Part 1
- Migration Means Reinvention – Even to Olympian
- Robots, Unemployment … and Immigrants
- Latin America Focuses on Attacking Pockets of Rural Poverty
- A Crisis Deepens in Libya but Where Are the Cameras?
- Migrants and Refugees Must “Have the Right to Have Rights” Says Jazairy of Geneva Centre
- A Restructured African Development Bank Plans to Meet Economic Challenges Facing Continent
- Father of Palestine’s Icon: Everyone is Blaming my Daughter
- Rohingya Children Draw Their Dreams: And It Looks Like Home…
- Oxfam’s Sexual Abuse Episode Must Inspire a Culture Shift