by Marsha B. Cohen
News sites throughout the US — and Israel — are still displaying shock over the defeat of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor by a Tea Party challenger in Virginia’s June 11 primary. The GOP leader was widely expected to succeed John Boehner as Speaker of the House of Representatives within the next [...]
by Paul Mutter
The “Sheldon Primary” is how casino mogul Sheldon Adelson showcases his political clout in the United States. As Jim Lobe reports, Israel was the main issue on the table for the line of Republican hopefuls who came to Las Vegas this weekend to curry favor with the pro-Israel billionaire [...]
by Marsha B. Cohen
In a break with diplomatic tradition Ron Dermer, an American-born former Republican activist, is scheduled to attend the Republican Jewish Coalition’s (RJC) Spring Leadership Meeting in Las Vegas next week and share the speaking platform with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former UN Ambassador John Bolton, Ohio Governor Jon [...]
by Jim Lobe and Eli Clifton
Following on David’s post about Sheldon Adelson’s nuclear strategy for dealing with Iran’s nuclear program, it might be useful to recall some of the casino magnate’s favorite Israel-related organizational beneficiaries. Perhaps they should be asked if they, too, believe that Tehran and its [...]
via Lobe Log
This week Mitt Romney raised British eyebrows — and hackles — with several gaffes that undermined the objective of his trip to London: to boost his limited to nonexistent foreign policy credentials.
Romney “must wish he was already on the next stop of his foreign tour, in Jerusalem, where [...]
The showing of the movie in the Rayburn House Office Building will be hosted by the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) and a right-wing D.C. [...]
There’s no better way to commemorate a civil war among Jews 2,275 years ago, memorialized by the Jewish festival of Chanuka, than by a little intra-tribe squabbling.
Perhaps that’s why, just in time for the holidays, the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) launched a scathing attack on some of the most prominent — and pro-Israel– [...]
- Q&A: A New Leader with a Vision to Redefine Human Rights
- If Vanuatu Can Ban Single-Use Plastics, so Can the Other Commonwealth Countries!
- Has Globalization Enhanced Development Cooperation?
- Mixed Signals as Guyana Develops its Green Economy Strategy
- The Gender of Law: What the Mapping of Family Laws Reveals
- Old Age Is a Curse in India
- New Relationship Evolves Between Society and Energy in Brazil
- Cambodia: Land rights activist Tep Vanny released from prison following royal pardon
- Poverty-Stricken Communities in Ghana are Restoring Once-Barren Land
- Critical funding shortage threatens WHO’s response in northwest Syria