by Jim Lobe
Sixty-one percent of the American public prefers a deal permitting Iran to continue limited uranium enrichment and imposing intrusive inspections on its nuclear facilities in exchange for some sanctions relief, according to a unique new survey released here Tuesday.
In contrast to previous polling on attitudes toward Iran’s nuclear program, the survey, conducted [...]
by Jasmin Ramsey
*This post has been updated.
Jim refuses to join Twitter, but today Iran’s president Hassan Rouhani provided him with another reason to reconsider:
Iran gives notice to international community to use all its might to prevent use of chemical weapons anywhere in the world, esp. in #Syria
via Lobe Log
Virginia tech economist and Lobe Log contributor Djavad Salehi-Isfahani adds to the growing list of reasons why the Obama administration’s Iran sanctions policy is counterproductive in Foreign Policy Magazine:
Despite everything, Iran seems to be weathering the storm better than advertised. Sanctions were intended to inflict economic pain [...]
via IPS News
As Iran faces economic unrest, discussion is intensifying over the impact sanctions are having on Iran’s economy.
But experts doubt that the current situation portends the end of the Iranian regime or Iranian capitulation to Israeli and Western-led demands that it change its nuclear stance.
“You have now a market [...]
In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics Lobe Log has launched Iran Hawk Watch. Each Friday we will post on notable militaristic commentary about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
*This week’s must read is “Obama’s Counterproductive New Iran Sanctions: How Washington is Sliding [...]
- Chairman of the Geneva Centre: World Conference outcome declaration contributes to the realization of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Ethiopian Domestic Workers Battle for Survival in Saudi Arabia
- Experts Call For Global Momentum on Gender Parity
- Recognising the Debilitating Nature Conflict Has on Food Security
- Freezing Inside UAE’s High Rise Buildings While Temperatures Soar Outside
- First Steps Towards a Global Agreement on the High Seas
- Unfinished Business – Nurture entrepreneurs, connect the dots between youth, innovation, and jobs toward green growth
- Indigenous Peoples Link Their Development to Clean Energies
- Levelling the Playing Field for Persons with Disabilities in the United States
- UN Expects More Upheavals as Trump’s Foreign Policy Runs Wild