by Mitchell Plitnick Once again, in his speech Wednesday at the United Nations, President Obama revealed the reduced importance of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on his agenda. He also revealed just how out of touch his entire country is with respect to reality. The Israel-Palestine conflict was the last specific global issue mentioned by Obama in his address
by Mitchell Plitnick
The real Iranian nuclear threat has apparently already taken hold. New Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s so-called “charm offensive” has sent the war hawks scurrying as if the bomb had really gone off.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been relentless in his increasingly desperate efforts to cast Rouhani in [...]
by Marsha B. Cohen
The ubiquitous smiling visage of Hassan Rouhani and his seemingly reasonable iterations of Iranian intentions are infuriating some Israelis.
Zvi Bar’el of Haaretz explains that “Israel’s fear of losing its justification for an attack on Iran and the fear that the United States may yet “fall into the [...]
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain
- Africa’s Processing Industry Holds Promise for Broader Economic Growth
- Putting Nature on a Quantifiable, Ambitious Path to Recovery
- Vaccine Refusal, Floods Impact Polio Drive in Pakistan
- Can Asia and the Pacific Get on Track to Net Zero?
- UN Assessed Contributions Needed to Generate Core Funding for Climate Loss & Damage
- AGRA Gets Make-Up, Not Make-Over
- Digital Human Rights Need to be Enshrined in Law