via Lobe Log
The US and EU are touting Iran’s currency woes as proof that sanctions are working, though it’s not clear to what end. The Wall Street Journal reports that the Western powers “are working on new coordinated measures intended to accelerate the recent plunge of Iran’s currency and drain its foreign-exchange reserves”:
The first [...]
This is from Cairo, right in the middle of this turmoil.
Mubarak is clearly backed by the Americans. He took some moves after speaking with Obama and a visit by a former U.S. Ambassador to Egypt Frank Wisner (sp.?).
Mubarak, the army, the Americans and the Israelis are clearly on one side. That’s one camp. [...]
- At the intersection of conflict, climate change and energy access
- U. S. Backing for Heated Tobacco Products Triggers Misrepresentation
- Asia-Pacific Region Falters on UN Development Goals
- Dignity & Strength for Venezuelan Refugees & Migrants in Colombia
- The Storm is Over, But in Southern Africa, Cyclone Idai Continues to Rage for Women and Girls
- Cities of Light are Providing Safe Havens to Refugees
- Burmese Muslims: Still looking for a permanent home!
- The Forgotten Migrants of Central America
- Uganda’s Rare Tree Climbing Lions and Endangered Primates Threatened By Climate Change
- An Uncertain Future for Palestinian Refugees