via Lobe Log
The Nation’s Jeremy Scahill injects some badly needed context into the media frenzy over David Petraeus’s CIA resignation by examining the four-star General’s legacy against the backdrop of an increasingly militarized intelligence agency:
As head of US Central Command in 2009, Petraeus issued execute orders that significantly broadened the ability [...]
- Q&A: “Climate Change is About Much More Than Temperature”
- Social Safety Net Not Wide Enough to Protect World’s Poor
- Opinion: Unlocking the Potential of Mali’s Young Women and Men
- Will the New BRICS Bank Break with Traditional Development Models, or Replicate Them?
- “Books, Not Bullets,” Malala Yousafzai Urges at Oslo Summit
- Ebola Recovery Focuses on Strengthening Africa’s Health Systems
- Opinion: SDGs, FfD and Every Single Dollar in the World
- Analysis: Is Colombia’s Peace Process Really at Its Lowest Ebb?
- Opinion: The End of the Greek Tragedy?
- Climate Commission Issues Blueprint for Low-Carbon Economy