via Lobe Log
According to Micah Zenko, the International Atomic Energy Association’s (IAEA) and Hillary Clinton’s recent endorsement of a March deadline for Iran nuclear talks is a pressure tactic resulting from exasperation over the lack of progress thus far. (His focus on US reasoning gives more weight to the claim that the [...]
via Lobe Log
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s trip to the Middle East last week included reassuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in person, that the U.S. was committed to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon — the U.S.’s “red line” on Iran. Panetta reiterated the U.S.’s position, essentially point by point, at [...]
- Stab in the Back for Painful Afghanistan Election Process?
- In Saving a Forest, Kenyans Find a Better Quality of Life
- India: Home to One in Three Child Brides
- A Life Reserve for Sustainable Development in Chile’s Patagonia
- TNT and Scrap Metal Eviscerate Syria’s Industrial Capital
- Can Land Rights and Education Save an Ancient Indian Tribe?
- Recurrent Cholera Outbreak in Far North Cameroon Highlights Development Gaps
- UN TV Special: Violations of International Law Degenerate U.N.
- Public Offers Support for Obama’s Iraq Intervention
- Despite Current Debate, Police Militarisation Goes Beyond U.S. Borders