Earlier this month, the Heartland Alliance, a leading Midwest-based anti-poverty organization, released their annual poverty report about Illinois. Their findings are deeply troubling. Instead of mirroring the U.S. government’s rhetoric of recovery and job creation, the report shows an increase in joblessness, poverty, homeless youth, and the divide between rich and poor.
The numbers [...]
- 10 Days to Defeat 2547 Miles of Pain
- Forests & Climate: We Need to do Much, Much More
- Turning Carriers of Water into Managers of Water
- Guess Who’s Behind Paralysis on COVID19 in the UN Committee on World Food Security
- For the South, all Roads in Global Economic Governance Lead to Inequality & Vulnerability
- Inflation Bogey Blocking Recovery
- Will Countries Reach an Agreement at COP26?
- We Will Never Give Up the Slavery Reparations Fight, say Caribbean Rastafarians
- What Fate for Three Billion of Humans Who Are Born Equals?
- Hamburgers and Climate Change