From the IPS United Nations Newsbriefs
Failure to account and justify lethal drone activity by the United States represents a major violation of international law and international human rights law, a former U.N. rapporteur said Wednesday.
Since the beginning of drone attacks in 2001, the U.S. has conducted around 450 lethal drone strikes that have [...]
From the IPS United Nations Niewsbriefs
Despite escalating tensions and anti-government demonstrations, the Venezuelan government has not addressed any human rights issues regardless of the rising death toll and captive political prisoners, a panel of experts stressed Monday.
- Climate Change: How 1.300 Billion Africans Cause Least But Suffer Most
- Fair Tax Plan Could Prejudice Global South
- 10 Days to Defeat 2547 Miles of Pain
- Forests & Climate: We Need to do Much, Much More
- Turning Carriers of Water into Managers of Water
- Guess Who’s Behind Paralysis on COVID19 in the UN Committee on World Food Security
- For the South, all Roads in Global Economic Governance Lead to Inequality & Vulnerability
- Inflation Bogey Blocking Recovery
- Will Countries Reach an Agreement at COP26?
- We Will Never Give Up the Slavery Reparations Fight, say Caribbean Rastafarians