From the IPS United Nations Newsbriefs
Failure to account and justify lethal drone activity by the United States represents a major violation of international law and international human rights law, a former U.N. rapporteur said Wednesday.
Since the beginning of drone attacks in 2001, the U.S. has conducted around 450 lethal drone strikes that have [...]
From the IPS United Nations Niewsbriefs
Despite escalating tensions and anti-government demonstrations, the Venezuelan government has not addressed any human rights issues regardless of the rising death toll and captive political prisoners, a panel of experts stressed Monday.
- Scale of Death & Destruction in Gaza Result of Wide-Area Explosives in Populated Areas
- Salvadoran Rural Communities Face Climate Injustice
- “I Want to Live On” – Documentary Premiere on Kazakhstan Nuclear Test Survivors
- Navigating Russian Censorship from the Polar Circle
- Rich Distort Climate Problems, Offer Self-Serving Solutions
- This Doctor Helps Himalayan Women Ward off Cervical Cancer
- Oceans: Our First Line of Defense Against the Impacts of Climate Change
- Suicide, Another Face of the Crisis in Venezuela
- Right Here, Right Now: ECW’s USD 150 Million Climate Appeal to Save Children at Risk
- Argentina Plunges into the Unknown