Earlier this month, the Heartland Alliance, a leading Midwest-based anti-poverty organization, released their annual poverty report about Illinois. Their findings are deeply troubling. Instead of mirroring the U.S. government’s rhetoric of recovery and job creation, the report shows an increase in joblessness, poverty, homeless youth, and the divide between rich and poor.
The numbers [...]
- Nicaragua’s South Caribbean Coast Improves Readiness for Climate Change
- Middle East, Engulfed by a ‘Perfect Storm’
- Caricom’s Energy-Efficient Building Code Could Be Tough Sell
- Civil Society: “Everyday Things Are Getting Worse” for Children in Yemen
- A Bit Bolshie
- Bannon Down, Pentagon Up, Neocons In?
- Marjia’s Suicide
- A Woman in China
- New Education Model Can “Achieve Much More,” Says Education Envoy
- Tensions in Cambodia Are Growing