Earlier this month, the Heartland Alliance, a leading Midwest-based anti-poverty organization, released their annual poverty report about Illinois. Their findings are deeply troubling. Instead of mirroring the U.S. government’s rhetoric of recovery and job creation, the report shows an increase in joblessness, poverty, homeless youth, and the divide between rich and poor.
The numbers [...]
- UN Negotiations Focus on What Lies Beneath the High Seas
- Perez-Guerrero Trust Fund Finances 278 Projects in Developing Nations
- Migrant Labour Fuels Tensions in Mauritius
- The tragedy in Yemen
- UN Chief Laments Nuclear Dead End
- Can the Middle East Make Economic and Social Progress?
- High poverty levels
- Drought Deals Harsh Blow to Cameroon’s Cocoa Farmers
- Myanmar Turns to Kofi Annan for Help on Festering Rohingya Crisis
- Addressing the Dangers of Freelance Journalism