Frustrated by the lack of interest in climate coverage by mainstream media, 15 young journalists on 4 continents want to bring a new collaborative approach to climate change journalism. This is a voluntary effort to both increase and improve reporting called the Climate News Mosaic (CNM).
To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Pineapple Industry Leaves Costa Rican Communities High and Dry
- Q&A: Papua New Guinea Reckons With Unmet Development Goals
- Accusations of ‘Apartheid’ Cause Israelis to Backpedal
- Failure of Review Conference Brings World Close to Nuclear Cataclysm, Warn Activists
- When Kenyan Children’s Lives Hang on a Drip
- School Gardens Combat Hunger in Argentina
- Slum-Dwelling Still a Continental Trend in Africa
- Bougainville: Former War-Torn Territory Still Wary of Mining
- Ethiopia’s First Film at Cannes Gives Moving View of Childhood, Gender
- Novelists, Directors Respond as ‘Water Wars’ Loom