Frustrated by the lack of interest in climate coverage by mainstream media, 15 young journalists on 4 continents want to bring a new collaborative approach to climate change journalism. This is a voluntary effort to both increase and improve reporting called the Climate News Mosaic (CNM).
To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Russian Arms to Egypt Threaten to Undermine U.S. in Mideast
- Tradition and Poverty Among Drivers of HIV in Malawi
- The Rich Complain That we do not Love Them
- Justice Breakdown Blamed for South Africa’s Rising Mob Justice
- Italy Closes Its Eyes to Sealed Mouths
- Mars Latest to Announce “No Deforestation” Palm Oil Pledge
- Sea Swallows the Stories of Africans Drowned at Ceuta
- What’s Going on in the Gulf? Unsurprisingly, It’s Probably About Iran
- What We Can Learn from Child Soldiers
- Turkey Walks a Tightrope over Crimea