This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Tracing War Missing Still a Dangerous Quest in Sri Lanka
- The Lesser Sex
- Increased regional cooperation – Promising prospects in troubling times
- Not our kids
- Ships Bring Your Coffee, Snack and TV Set, But Also Pests and Diseases
- The Chinese trail
- Drug killings an international issue now
- Smart Technologies Key to Youth Involvement in Agriculture
- Concern over Profit-Oriented Approach to Biodiversity in Latin America
- US, EU Accused of Paying Lip Service to Global Arms Treaty