This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Inequality (II): “It Will Take 170 Years for Women to Be Paid as Men Are”
- Why Institutions Are so Important for Growth
- Born Disadvantaged
- Kenya Can Lead the Way to Universal Health Care in Africa
- Inequality (I): Half of World’s Wealth, in the Pockets of Just Eight Men
- Is Cash Aid to the Poor Wasted on Tobacco and Alcohol?
- Ordinary Citizens Help Drive Spread of Solar Power in Chile
- Tobacco Industry Misleads Developing Countries Over Regulations
- The Cuban Recession and the Introduction of Public Bonds
- Populist Leaders Endanger Human Rights: Advocacy Organisation