This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Urban Land – a Key Building Block to Full Rights
- UN Pension Fund Claims its Assets are Safe, Future Secure
- US Government Report Exposes Exaggerated TPPA Growth Claims
- Countering Terrorism in Bangladesh
- Honour & Deviance
- No Medals for Sanitation at Rio Olympics
- African Leaders Driving Push for Industrialisation: UN Official
- List of Acts President Must Do for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- The Challenge Before Us
- Terrorist Madness