This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- China Seeks to Export Its Green Finance Model to the World
- Nigeria’s Ticking Time Bomb
- Alcoholism Cannot Explain Russian Mortality Spike
- Tobago Gears Up to Fight Sargassum Invasion
- The G20 Needs To Go Back to its Roots
- The Unnoticed Demise of Democracy
- Kenya and Ethiopia Join Forces to Advance Peace, Security, Development and Hope
- Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast Pools Efforts Against Climate Change
- Prepare Now for the Next Financial Crisis
- Parliamentarians Study Nexus of Youth, Refugees and Development