This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- 42 Human Rights Groups Slam Indonesia’s Death Penalty
- Opinion: Reforming Mental Health in India
- Prominent Lawyer Defending the Poor Gunned Down in Mozambique
- Burundi-Watchers See Erosion of Human Rights and Civic Freedoms
- By Girls, For Girls – Nepal’s Teenagers Say No to Child Marriage
- Opinion: Let’s Grant Women Land Rights and Power Our Future
- Opinion: Greece and the Germanisation of Europe
- Syrians “Have No Faith” in International Community to Solve Human Rights Crisis
- Tech-Savvy Women Farmers Find Success with SIM Cards
- An American Missionary Kidnapped in Nigeria as Neighbouring Countries Seethe