This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- A Cop Out at COP23?
- Why UN’s Global Compact on Refugees Must Address Needs of Young People
- Violence: Unending Woes of Indian Women
- IsDB and AfDB partner to boost agriculture and fight drought in Africa
- Violence Against Women is Fundamentally About Power
- Young African Migrants Reroute their Dreams
- Climate-Smart Agriculture in Vanuatu: Learning to Grow
- A Life Without the Threat of Violence for Everyone: Leave no One Behind
- Taxi Company Empowers Women on Mumbai’s Bustling Streets
- Goodbye Mugabe, Hello New Zimbabwe?