This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- From Havana to Bali, Third World Gets the Trade Crumbs
- Creating a Slum Within a Slum
- U.S. Debating “Historic” Support for Off-Grid Electricity in Africa
- Spain: A Precarious Gateway to Europe for Syrian Refugees
- Indigenous Communities Say Education, Funding Key to Fighting HIV/AIDS
- Fragility of WTO’s Bali Package Exposed
- Refugees Living a Nightmare in Northern Pakistan
- Malnutrition Hits Syrians Hard as UN Authorises Cross-Border Access
- U.S. Ranks Near Bottom Globally in Energy Efficiency
- Child Migrants – A “Torn Artery” in Central America