This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- South-South Cooperation Now Triangulates with the North
- ‘We must all work together to defeat hatred and xenophobic discourse against the Other and nurture acceptance and empathy,’ say eminent panellists in a conference held at the UN
- A New Window for Delhi’s Migrant Women & Girls
- South Florida’s Underserved Refugee Communities
- How Many Journalists are Jailed in China? Censorship Means We Don’t Know
- Myanmar and China’s Bride Trafficking Problem
- The System, Youth and Democracy
- International Trade Unions Condemn Recognition of Guaidó
- Call for Returnee Migrants to Join Forces to Fight Irregular Migration
- 9 of the 10 Worst Global Risks are Linked to Water