This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- When the UN Comes Under Heavy Fire
- A Balance Sheet for May 28
- The Price of Non-Governmental Growth
- Latest Population Projection of 25 Million Poses Serious Challenges
- Menstrual Hygiene Gaps Continue to Keep Girls from School
- New International Accord to Tackle Illegal Fishing
- Malawi’s Drought Leaves Millions High and Dry
- Traditional Mexican Recipes Fight the Good Fight
- UNFPA Funding Cuts Threaten Women’s Health in Poorer Nations
- Mapping Kashmir