This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- OPINION: The Future of Wetlands, the Future of Waterbirds – an Intercontinental Connection
- Ecological Latrines Catch on in Rural Cuba
- People’s Tribunal Hopes Verdict on Mining Abuses Gains Traction
- Glimmer of Hope for Assange
- Dying in Childbirth Still a National Trend in Zimbabwe
- Humanitarian System Suffers Serious Gaps on Migrants in Crisis
- Fighting Hunger from the Pitch
- Dumped, Abandoned, Abused: Women in India’s Mental Health Institutions
- Missing Students Case Also Highlights Racism in Mexico
- Marine Resources in High Seas Should be Shared Equitably