This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- We Must Think of “Security” in New Ways
- OPINION: Al Baghdadi and the Doctrine Behind the Name
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain
- Pacific Islanders Take on Australian Coal
- U.S. Airdrops to Kobani Kurds Mark New Stage in ISIL Conflict
- Protecting Biodiversity in Costa Rica’s Thermal Convection Dome in the Pacific
- Pakistan’s Ahmadis Faced with Death or Exile
- Belize Fights to Save a Crucial Barrier Reef
- Warmer Days a Catastrophe in the Making for Kenya’s Pastoralists
- Ebola Drugs Safety Tests Raise Ethical Issues