This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Q&A: “I Feel Indigenous No Matter Where I Am and Where I’m Going”
- Heroin Dulls Hardships for Afghan Women
- Health Care for Immigrants Crumbling in Spain
- Multimedia Project Tackles LGBT Rights in Palestine
- Africa Leads Fight Against HIV
- Marrying Off South Sudan’s Girls for Cows
- Obama Narrows Scope of Terror War
- Advocates Cheer Tightening of Extractives Transparency Standards
- Where Law Enforcement Goes Bad
- Indian Gov’t on Collision Course With Civil Society