This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Let There Be Work: Italian Ministry of the Interior Announces Initiative on Employment of Refugees
- Post-Brexit blues
- Preventable Child Deaths Not Always Linked to Poorest Countries: UNICEF
- Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sweden Among New Members of UN Security Council
- The Case for Cash in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Biogas Brings Heat and Light to Pakistan’s Rural Poor
- Why I Started SMART ALEC – Lobbying for the Public Good
- Drought Prompts Debate on Cuba’s Irrigation Problems
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence