This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Pakistan and the World Need Inclusive Conflict Prevention
- Balancing Trade Wars
- Even Rocks Harvest Water in Brazil’s Semi-Arid Northeast
- “The Sustainable Bioeconomy, a Path Towards Post-Extractivism”
- Support of Influential World Leaders Not Enough to End Rohingya Crisis
- Blockchain can solve third world problems but who will bell the cat?
- How Prison Conditions Fuel the Tuberculosis Epidemic
- Dubai invests AED500 million in energy efficiency
- Chinese President arrives in UAE
- India Fast Becoming a Pillar of Global Growth & Stability