This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- These Women Cannot Celebrate Their Day
- Avoid Patent Clauses in Trade Treaties that can Kill Millions
- Corruption: Promises, But Not Enough Progress from G20 Countries
- Community Stations Fight for Frequencies in El Salvador
- Maritime Boundary Dispute Masks Need for Economic Diversity in Timor-Leste
- The Peasant Farmer Who Stood Up to the President of Nicaragua
- Aid Arrives for Rohingya After Violence
- Huge Health Needs for World’s One Billion Migrants
- Antarctic Ice Lowest Ever – Asia at High Risk – Africa Drying Up
- Unrest Brings North-East Nigeria Next to Starvation