This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Freezing Inside UAE’s High Rise Buildings While Temperatures Soar Outside
- First Steps Towards a Global Agreement on the High Seas
- Unfinished Business – Nurture entrepreneurs, connect the dots between youth, innovation, and jobs toward green growth
- Indigenous Peoples Link Their Development to Clean Energies
- Levelling the Playing Field for Persons with Disabilities in the United States
- UN Expects More Upheavals as Trump’s Foreign Policy Runs Wild
- The Cambodian Port City on China’s 21st Century Silk Road That’s Becoming the New Macau
- FNC Parliamentary Division affirms UAE’s leading role in attaining 2030 SDGs
- Bill Gates thanks UAE for role in the fight to end world poverty
- UN Agencies Launch Environmental Protection and Resilience Project for Host Communities and Refugees in Bangladesh