This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- OPINION: The Front Line of Climate Change is Here and Now
- India’s Crusader Against Impunity
- OPINION: Renewable Energies – a Double-Edged Sword
- OPINION: Water Shutoffs and Unintended Consequences – Lessons from Detroit
- Kazakhstan’s Nazarbayev Signals U-Turn on Alternative Energy
- Asia: So Close and Yet So Far From Polio Eradication
- Global South Brings United Front to Green Climate Fund
- OPINION: The Group of 77 & IPS at 50
- Kashmir Flood Carries Away Humble Dreams
- Central Asia Hurting as Russia’s Ruble Sinks