This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- What We Can Learn from Child Soldiers
- Turkey Walks a Tightrope over Crimea
- Stateless in Nepal
- A Matter of Life and Death
- Women Turn Potatoes into Gold in Zimbabwe’s Cities
- Gazans Find Tuneful Resistance
- Pakistani Women Hit Hurdles in Medical Profession
- Congress Pressured on Multinational Corporate Accountability
- Gun Violence Darkens Political Unrest in Venezuela
- Dangerous Combo: Violence in Pregnancy and HIV in South Africa