This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Survivors of Sexual Violence Face Increased Risks
- Central American Civil Society Calls for Protection of Local Agriculture at COP20
- Civil Society Freedoms Merit Role in Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Nuclear Weapons as Bargaining Chips in Global Politics
- Jewellery Industry Takes Steps to Eliminate “Conflict Gold”
- Pro-Israel Hawks Take Wing over Extension of Iran Nuclear Talks
- Water and Sanitation Report Card: Slow Progress, Inadequate Funding
- Gated Communities on the Water Aggravate Flooding in Argentina
- OPINION: How Ebola Could End the Cuban Embargo
- Lessons from Jamaica’s Billion-Dollar Drought