This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- We Are Migrants: Teasing Italian taste buds
- Exhibition of Artifacts Stolen From Ethiopia Revives Controversy
- Authoritarian Govts Tighten Grip on Press Freedom
- Dreaming of A New Sustainable Economy
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 18,575 in 2018; Deaths Reach 559
- PM’s Call to the World Very Timely
- Child Soldiers Released, But Risk Remains
- FAO and El País Launch Series of Books on “The State of the Planet”
- Improving Our Anti-money Laundering Operations Will Help Prevent Great-Power War
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Democratic Multilateralism