This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- World Population to Hit 8.5 Billion by 2030
- U.N.’s Post-2015 Development Agenda Under Fire
- Opinion: Uneven MDG Progress Must Inspire Resolve to Do Much Better
- Workplace Diversity Still a Pipe Dream in Most U.S. Newsrooms
- Central America Fails to Take Advantage of Energy from Sun, Wind and Earth
- UAE Described as Pioneer in the Field of Renewable Energy
- Nations Most at Risk have Least Familiarity with Term “Climate Change”
- One Tune, Different Hymns – Tackling Climate Change in South Africa
- Obama Seeks August Deadline for End to South Sudan War
- Digital Era Here to Stay in Argentina’s Classrooms