This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Q&A: “People Need to Be at the Centre of Development”
- Jazz as a Force for Peace and Freedom
- Unsafe Abortions Continue to Plague Kenya
- Opinion: Lack of Trade Finance a Barrier for Developing Countries
- The Blue Amazon, Brazil’s New Natural Resources Frontier
- The U.N. at 70: Impressive Successes and Monumental Failures
- Draconian Ban on Abortion in El Salvador Targeted by Global Campaign
- Watch What Happens When Tribal Women Manage India’s Forests
- Opinion: Don’t Sell Sweden’s Vattenfall, Keep Coal in the Ground
- In Nicaragua Marriage Is Only for ‘Him’ and ‘Her’