This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- Accusations of ‘Apartheid’ Cause Israelis to Backpedal
- Failure of Review Conference Brings World Close to Nuclear Cataclysm, Warn Activists
- When Kenyan Children’s Lives Hang on a Drip
- School Gardens Combat Hunger in Argentina
- Slum-Dwelling Still a Continental Trend in Africa
- Bougainville: Former War-Torn Territory Still Wary of Mining
- Ethiopia’s First Film at Cannes Gives Moving View of Childhood, Gender
- Novelists, Directors Respond as ‘Water Wars’ Loom
- Caribbean Looks to France as Key Partner in Climate Financing
- Opinion: Voice of Civil Society Muffled in Post-2015 Negotiations for Better Future