This morning’s Washington Post featured a full page antiwar ad from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC). Its message? Don’t allow yourself to be sucked into a catastrophic military confrontation in the Middle East that will ultimately work against U.S. interests, President Obama.
Signed by top former military and intelligence officials, it comes on the same day that Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House after his Sunday speech at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference.
I wonder how many people will consider it a pleasant surprise to see a Mideast-focused political ad in a major newspaper that is NOT lobbying for a foreign terrorist organization (imagine advertisements for Al Qaeda in the New York Times!) and that hasn’t been paid for by an extremely anti-Obama, hawkish pro-Israel group.
- OP-ED: Schools Bring Hope in Devastated Philippines
- In Home Gardens, Income and Food for Urban Poor
- Reaching Quietly for the ‘Solidarity Basket’
- Number 6
- Politicians’ Delay Means Climate Catastrophe for Malawi’s Poor
- Developing Countries Still Waiting for a Global Response to Climate Change
- Changes Coming to South Africa’s Patent System
- WHO Celebrates Major Progress in Fighting Malaria
- South Africa’s Arms Industry Most Advanced in Global South
- In Minimum Wage Debate, A Battle Over Inequality and Job Loss