via Lobe Log
Haaretz reporter Barak Ravid references Jim Lobe’s widely read article about Bibi Netanyahu’s testimony to Congress on Iraq one year prior to the US-led war in 2003. In sum, the Israeli Prime Minister seems to be reading from the same old script:
A video clip from the 2002 hearing has been making the rounds of the Internet over the past few days, after it was posted by American blogger Jim Lobe at almost the same time as Netanyahu was addressing the United Nations General Assembly last week.
During last week’s speech, Netanyahu stressed that if Iran is not stopped, it will be on the verge of producing a nuclear weapon by next spring, or by summer at the latest. Therefore, Netanyahu argued, a red line must be drawn to stop the Iranian nuclear program.
Netanyahu’s remarks during the 2002 congressional hearing sounded very similar to his UN speech. The arguments are the same, the intonation is the same, even the advisers are the same – Netanyahu’s current diplomatic adviser, Ron Dermer, who wrote the prime minister’s UN address, can be seen in the 10-year-old video sitting behind Netanyahu in the congressional hall.
- A Breath of Fresh Air in India
- Time to Resolve a Cursed Old Water Problem
- Map of Human Migration
- Will the Next War Be About Water?
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene: First Response in Conflicts & Natural Disasters
- World Water Day – Nature for Water
- No Ordinary Match
- Access to Safe Water: Is the Green Revolution Around the Corner?
- Dowry Death or Murder?
- Latin American Indigenous People Fight New Plunder of Their Resources