This week Lobe Logger extraordinaire and Think Progress National Security reporter Ali Gharib was interviewed on Al Jazeera English’s Inside Story about Mitt Romney’s foreign policy record thus far. From AJE’s write-up:
- ROMNEY’S VISION: FOREIGN AFFAIRS:
- Romney supports Obama’s plan to withdraw US troops by the end of 2014
- Romney: Afghanistan position could change with changing commanders
- Romney says he opposed negotiations with the Taliban to end fighting
- Romney plans to order a review on Afghanistan’once elected
- Romney using the Arab Spring as an issue in the presidential race
- Romney: Concerns over Islamist fighters in Arab Spring countries
- He said the Arab Spring was a result of Obama abandoning Bush’s “Freedom Agenda”
- Romney said halting a nuclear Iran is the top national security priority
- Romney wants to push for a greater diplomatic isolation of Iran
- Romney staff: US should sanction Iran’s petroleum industry
- Romney said US needs to increase pressure on Iran through sanctions
- Romney staff said he would back Israel’s decision to attack Iran
- A Breath of Fresh Air in India
- Time to Resolve a Cursed Old Water Problem
- Map of Human Migration
- Will the Next War Be About Water?
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene: First Response in Conflicts & Natural Disasters
- World Water Day – Nature for Water
- No Ordinary Match
- Access to Safe Water: Is the Green Revolution Around the Corner?
- Dowry Death or Murder?
- Latin American Indigenous People Fight New Plunder of Their Resources