You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- OPINION: A Roadmap to Living – and Thriving – in Harmony with Nature
- Boosting Incomes and Empowering Rural Women in Cuba
- From Subsistence to Profit, Swazi Farmers Get a Helping Hand
- Lack of Accountability Fuels Gender-Based Violence in India
- U.S. to Create National Plan on Responsible Business Practices
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- U.N. on Safe Use of Living Modified Organisms
- African Leaders Strengthen Ties with Cuba
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry