You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- Tracing War Missing Still a Dangerous Quest in Sri Lanka
- The Lesser Sex
- Increased regional cooperation – Promising prospects in troubling times
- Not our kids
- Ships Bring Your Coffee, Snack and TV Set, But Also Pests and Diseases
- The Chinese trail
- Drug killings an international issue now
- Smart Technologies Key to Youth Involvement in Agriculture
- Concern over Profit-Oriented Approach to Biodiversity in Latin America
- US, EU Accused of Paying Lip Service to Global Arms Treaty