You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- Trump Needs Lessons in Geopolitics : Musharraf
- The United Nations Volunteer: From Global To Local
- G77 Reiterates Call for IMF Reforms & Equitable Voting Power
- G77 Introduces 13 Draft Resolutions on the UN’s Development Agenda
- Pakistan and India Unlikely to Move to All-out War: Musharraf
- Civil Society On Aleppo: UN General Assembly Must Act
- Managing Diversity
- Unleashing Africa Full Potential
- Fidel Castro: The Revolutionary Outlived His Revolution
- UN “Profoundly Sorry” for Haiti Cholera Outbreak