You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- The Ocean Conference: An Integrated Vision that must be Delivered
- Gateway Portals and the Quest for Sustainable Urbanization
- Mideast: Growing Urbanisation Worsens Water Scarcity, Food Imports
- Survivors of the El Mozote Massacre Have New Hopes for Justice in El Salvador
- Menstrual Health and Vitality: Breaking the Silence, Stemming the Flood
- What does it Take to Solve a Statelessness Crisis?
- International Finance Governance Undemocratic
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change Adaptation
- “Horrific” Increase in Worldwide Displacement
- Truth or Delusion?