You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- Ethnic Violence in Ethiopia Amid Shadowy Politics
- Belgian City of Mechelen Embraces Integration
- Lobbying & Sponsorships at COP23 Corrupted Climate Talks
- Who Are Kenya’s Financially Excluded?
- Turkish Surveillance Invades Social Media Privacy
- Desperate Need to Halt ‘World’s Largest Killer’ — Pollution
- Beyond Piketty: on income inequality
- UAE bears treatment costs of 88 injured Yemenis in Indian hospitals
- At Climate Summit, Two Global Energy Alliances Emerge
- The World is Losing the Battle Against Child Labour