You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- Indian Climate Activist Ponders the ‘Unthinkable’
- El Salvador Faces Dilemma over the Prosecution of War Criminals
- Beyond Rhetoric: UN Member States Start Work on Global Goals
- We Must Talk: Not Just Ph and China but Us and China, Too
- Why we Failed
- The Americans Should Have Their Own Chilcot
- There is No Honour in Killing
- Devastating Droughts Continue as El Nino Subsides
- San Juan City: The Smart City of the Future
- Convicting Children