You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- “Outsiders” in Focus at French Film Fest
- Shipping and Industry Threaten Famed Home of the Bengal Tiger
- Grass Planting Reduces Soil Erosion, Risk of Landslides in Rohingya Refugee Camps
- “What do you Become When you Shoot to Kill Someone who is Unarmed, & not an Immediate Threat to You?”
- Indigenous Peoples Recover Native Languages in Mexico
- Will Climate Change Cause More Migrants than Wars?
- Leveraging Climate Finance in Africa
- Africa Gains Momentum in Green Climate Solutions
- ICBA scientists start growing halophytic vegetables in UAE
- Growth in global economy exceeds expectations, but increased risks could threaten economic outlook, UN report says