You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- OPINION: Greece Gives EU the Chance to Rediscover Its Social Responsibility
- General Assembly Holds Informal Meeting on Anti-Semitism
- Forced Disappearances Are Humanitarian Crisis in Mexico
- Obama-Congress Iran Sanctions Battle Goes International
- U.S. May Soon Stand Alone Opposing Children’s Treaty
- Three Minutes Away from Doomsday
- A “Rosetta Stone” for Conducting Biodiversity Assessments
- OPINION: Banks, Inequality and Citizens
- Africa Needs to Move Forward on Renewable Energy
- Global Civil Society Launches Internet Social Forum