You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Tony Karon has a nice analysis up at Abu Dhabi’s the National. Many pundits in the U.S. have delivered the verdict that Iran won in the Arab uprisings. But Karon spots a false choice, and once again Turkey is the critical example.
Viewed through the prism of a zero-sum conflict between a [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
- A Trump Doctrine of Hypocrisy
- Poor Orphan Crops…So Valuable, So Neglected
- Macron Defends Globalist Approach at UN General Assembly
- Latest Major Hurricane Leaves Dominica “Devastated”
- Bangladesh Needs to Shore up Its Flood Defence
- Aung San Suu Kyi: A Leader in Denial?
- President Trump at the UN: a Reaction
- Small Farmers in Brazil’s Amazon Region Seek Sustainability
- Cox’s Bazar Health Facilities Struggle to Cope as New Arrivals Pass 415,000: IOM Scales Up Mobile Teams, Support to Government Clinics
- “We are a World in Pieces”