via Lobe Log
The grandfather of the 16-year-old American-Yemeni boy who was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen last year is suing 4 US officials, including Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Former CIA Director David Petraeus, over his son and grandson’s deaths.
The father of the Colorado-born Abdulrahman al Awlaki’s was an al [...]
via Lobe Log
President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi of Yemen told the Washington Post this week that his office and the Yemeni military fully cooperate with US counterterrorism efforts in his country, a frank admission that his predecessor was not willing to provide:
Hadi’s comments mark the first time he has publicly acknowledged his [...]
Is Israel actually capable of successfully carrying out its winner-take-all high tech attack on Iran that could destroy or (more likely) might delay the development of Iran’s budding nuclear program, at minimal cost–financial, environmental or in casualties–to itself or anyone else except Iran? Could the consequences of an Israeli attack on Iran that didn’t succeed be almost as bad–or even worse–than one that did?
What a Busted Robot Airplane Tells Us About the American Empire in 2012 and Beyond
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
By Nick Turse
The drone had been in the air for close to five hours before its mission crew realized that something was wrong. The oil temperature in the plane’s [...]
You can take the blogger out of Commentary, but you can’t take Commentary out of the blogger. So we learn from Jennifer Rubin, Washington Post‘s new neoconservative blogger. As recounted in our Daily Talking Points on Monday, Rubin had two big posts on Iran policy. In one of them Rubin actually [...]
- Analysis: India’s Challenge on the SDGs
- U.N. Launches Probe Amidst Charges of Bribery and Corruption
- Africa’s Progress in Key Areas Either Stalled or Reversed
- Healthy Oceans Key to Fighting Hunger
- Opinion: Five Key Takeaways from India’s New Climate Plan
- Rise in Large Scale Refugees Triggers New International Population Order
- TPP is “Worst Trade Agreement” for Medicine Access, Says Doctors Without Borders
- War Crimes Charges for Demolishing Ancient Malian Shrines
- Analysis: Is the Miracle of Microfinance Illusory?
- Opinion: International Tax Cooperation Crucial for Development