via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. [...]
- Changing Climate Threatens World’s Smallholder Farmers
- Water Bodies Central to Urban Flood Planning
- U.N. Urban Summit Gives Rise to a Mixture of Optimism and Criticism
- Reimagining South Asia in 2030
- Big Powers Set to Grab High Level UN Posts
- Q&A: Land Degradation Could Force 135 Million to Migrate in Next 30 Years
- Fighting Food Insecurity and Undernutrition in Urban Slums
- Is This Counter-terrorism in a Far Deadlier Garb?
- From City 50/50 to Planet 50/50 – How to Step it Up for Gender Equality and Sustainable Development
- We Can Eliminate Hunger and Poverty Quickly with Greater Commitment