via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Rohingyas: Lurching from Crisis to Crisis
- Using Data to Combat Prejudice Against Immigrants
- Civil Society Meeting Calls for Solidarity, Radical Change to Deal with Global Crises
- “We Need to Be Strong” – Award Spotlights Courageous Journalists
- Civil Society Activists Speak Out– Despite Threats
- Climate Change Threatens Mexican Agriculture
- Engaging Audiences Through Visual Storytelling
- SLIDESHOW: Tales of the 21st Century – Rohingyas Without a State
- Rohingya Refugees Endure Lingering Trauma
- Money Talks at One Planet Summit in Paris