via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Rebuilding Zimbabwe’s Health System
- U.S.-Taliban Talks Set to Begin
- U.S. and Rest of G8 Won’t Follow UK on Corporate Transparency
- Opponents Question Proposed Trans-Atlantic Trade Deal
- Job Creation Looming Challenge for Post-2015 World
- Hunger Persists in Latin America’s Bread Basket
- No Hunger in Brazil by 2015
- Rural Mexican Communities Protest Wind Farms
- Clean Ripples Spread Across East Europe
- Colombia, the United States, and Montesquieu