via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Ships Bring Your Coffee, Snack and TV Set, But Also Pests and Diseases
- The Chinese trail
- Drug killings an international issue now
- Smart Technologies Key to Youth Involvement in Agriculture
- Concern over Profit-Oriented Approach to Biodiversity in Latin America
- US, EU Accused of Paying Lip Service to Global Arms Treaty
- Policing the ‘moral police’
- Breaking the Silence on Gender-Blind Transport
- Refugees’ return
- Uruguay’s Victory over Philip Morris: a Win for Tobacco Control and Public Health