via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Sri Lanka’s Development Goals Fall Short on Gender Equality
- Kerry Brings Promise of 45 Million Dollars for Kenya’s Massive Refugee Camp
- Urban Slums a Death Trap for Poor Children
- Costa Rica’s Energy Nearly 100 Percent Clean
- Families in Quake-Hit Nepal Desperate to Get on With Their Lives
- Popular Nigerian Writer Headlines at Blockbuster World Voices Fest
- EU Calls for Paradigm Shift in Development Cooperation
- Opinion: Healthy Diets for Healthy Lives
- Israel Slammed Over Treatment of Palestinian Children in Detention
- Close to a Thousand Nigerian Girls Freed, Many Malnourished or Pregnant