via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- ISIS Complicates Iran’s Nuclear Focus at UNGA
- Climate Change an “Existential Threat” for the Caribbean
- Biodiversity Offsetting Advances in Latin America Amidst Controversy
- Mongolia’s Poorest Turn Garbage into Gold
- Green Economy Isn’t Rocket Science – And It’s Not Even Costly
- Kenya’s Ogiek Women Conquer Cultural Barriers to Support their Families
- Only the Crazy and Economists Believe Growth is Endless
- Half a Century of Struggle Against Underdevelopment
- French Add Voice to Global Climate Action
- OPINION: Invest in Young People to Harness Africa’s Demographic Dividend