via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Shale Drives Uncertain New Geoeconomics of Oil
- Women’s Alliance Plans to Counter Violent Extremism
- United Arab Emirates and Cuba Forge Closer Ties
- U.N. Rejects Bribery as “Business-as-Usual” in World Body
- U.N. Highlights Importance of Public Spaces, Safety for Women
- UK Detains 5 in Pursuit of Nigerian Oil Ministry Laundered Funds
- Opinion: American Exceptionalism on Child Rights
- Social Media Giant Unveils Internet Plan for Rural Africa
- G77 Ministers Call for UN Agency for South-South Cooperation
- The Global South Will Make Its Contribution to Fighting Climate Change