via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- IOM, Partners to Assist Business Leaders in Combatting Human Trafficking
- Unlocking Private Finance for Developing Countries’ Green Growth
- When Two Becomes One: Blending Public and Private Climate Finance
- A Natural Climate Change Adaptation Laboratory in Brazil
- Lesotho Constitutional Court declares criminal defamation unconstitutional
- $1.7 Trillion Global Spending on Military in 2017: Highest since End of Cold War
- “See a child begging? Call the police!” UN Migration Agency Calls on Ukrainians to Fight Child Exploitation
- Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week to explore role of industry convergence in accelerating sustainable development
- Swedish PM ahead of the ILO Conference: It’s not arm wrestling
- Media Watchdogs Fear a Chill in Slovakia