via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Achieving Universal Access to Energy; Africa Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- When the UN Comes Under Heavy Fire
- A Balance Sheet for May 28
- The Price of Non-Governmental Growth
- Latest Population Projection of 25 Million Poses Serious Challenges
- Menstrual Hygiene Gaps Continue to Keep Girls from School
- New International Accord to Tackle Illegal Fishing
- Malawi’s Drought Leaves Millions High and Dry
- Traditional Mexican Recipes Fight the Good Fight
- UNFPA Funding Cuts Threaten Women’s Health in Poorer Nations