via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Caribbean Leaders Want Swifter Action on Climate Funding
- Stemming Illicit Financial Outflows
- New Antibiotics Urgently Needed to Combat Resistant Bacteria
- The United Nations and the Religious Right
- A Day to Remember That Every Child Deserves a Chance
- These Women Cannot Celebrate Their Day
- Avoid Patent Clauses in Trade Treaties that can Kill Millions
- Corruption: Promises, But Not Enough Progress from G20 Countries
- Community Stations Fight for Frequencies in El Salvador
- Maritime Boundary Dispute Masks Need for Economic Diversity in Timor-Leste