via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Unleashing Africa Full Potential
- UN “Profoundly Sorry” for Haiti Cholera Outbreak
- ISDS Corporate Rule of Law
- Fidel Castro, a Larger-than-Life Leader in Tumultuous Times
- Ending AIDS Needs Both Prevention and a Cure
- Pervez Musharraf Sets out ‘Higher’ Comeback Plans
- Subway Will Modernise – and Further Gentrify – Historic Centre of Quito
- Rohingya Refugees Trapped in Limbo
- Looking into the Eyes of Central American Refugees in a Time of Hate and Fear
- Journalists Honoured for their Courage, Resolve