via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. Sick’s review of a superb new book on US policy during the Iran-Iraq war for IPS News.
- Social Media a Curse and a Blessing in Munich Shooting
- Modern-day Slavery in Oman? Domestic Workers in Peril
- Enemy Images
- A Case of Failing Democracy or Fading Geo-politics
- Uganda Ill-Equipped for Growing Cancer Burden
- Biswal’s Dreams Just Pretentious Prattle
- Rights of Indigenous Peoples ‘Critical’ to Combat Climate Change
- Indian Climate Activist Ponders the ‘Unthinkable’
- El Salvador Faces Dilemma over the Prosecution of War Criminals
- Beyond Rhetoric: UN Member States Start Work on Global Goals