A few months ago I fell in love with this guy, and he fell in love with me. I told him that I have HIV. I showed him my antiretroviral pills (ARVs) and explained how treatment works. I wanted to make sure he knows what he is getting himself into – a relationship with an [...]
There was a time when I hated my roots and my life and I wished it would change. I blamed someone or something until I realized that, well, it is me who needs to change. And as hard as it was, I did change, for the better, and I want to tell you about it.
It’s time to say it: in one area, we, HIV/AIDS activists, have caused more harm than good.
I am proud to be one of the few Ugandans to say publicly that I live positively with HIV.
But, in the flurry of speeches and interviews, of extolling antiretroviral treatment and ‘normalizing’ the disease, it worries me [...]
- Kerala Covid-19 Response Model for Emulation
- 10 Ways Young People are Leading the Way Against COVID-19
- Alive Amidst the Mayhem of COVID-19 – A Sex Worker’s Story
- Covid-19 & its Impact on the Work of Disarmament
- The Fierce Urgency of Now
- Helping the homeless of Rome combat COVID-19
- Killer of Slovak Journalist Sentenced as Rights Groups Await further Convictions
- The old normal is ending
- What Journalists Should Know About Coronavirus Cellphone Tracking
- Asia-Pacific Response to COVID-19 and Climate Emergency Must Build a Resilient and Sustainable Future