Nearly 66 years ago, an American journalist was found dead in Greece, his wrists and ankles bound and gunshot wounds in the back of his head. George Polk had been covering the civil war between the Communist Party (KKE) and the Greek government for CBS news and his assassination, which has been much debated, shocked [...]
On March 14, 2001, news watchers in India sat glued to their television sets as reels of hidden camera footage unspooled on the screen, revealing a story of corruption, greed and malfeasance that would shake society for years to come.
“Operation West End“ – a sting carried out by two young journalists commissioned by the [...]
- Mexico’s Undead Rise Up
- Inequality in Mexico Is All About Wages
- OPINION: Israel’s Arabs – Marginalised, Angry and Defiant
- Pakistani Sikhs Back in the ‘Dark Ages’ of Religious Persecution
- True Gender Equality for Both Women and Men
- Can China’s Silk Road Vision Coexist with a Eurasian Union?
- IPS Honours Crusader for Nuclear Abolition
- OPINION: The Clock Is Ticking for Nuclear Disarmament
- U.S. Missing in Child Rights Convention
- Depression Casts Cloak of Infertility Over Kashmir Valley