Nearly 66 years ago, an American journalist was found dead in Greece, his wrists and ankles bound and gunshot wounds in the back of his head. George Polk had been covering the civil war between the Communist Party (KKE) and the Greek government for CBS news and his assassination, which has been much debated, shocked [...]
On March 14, 2001, news watchers in India sat glued to their television sets as reels of hidden camera footage unspooled on the screen, revealing a story of corruption, greed and malfeasance that would shake society for years to come.
“Operation West End“ – a sting carried out by two young journalists commissioned by the [...]
- “Outsiders” in Focus at French Film Fest
- Shipping and Industry Threaten Famed Home of the Bengal Tiger
- Grass Planting Reduces Soil Erosion, Risk of Landslides in Rohingya Refugee Camps
- “What do you Become When you Shoot to Kill Someone who is Unarmed, & not an Immediate Threat to You?”
- Indigenous Peoples Recover Native Languages in Mexico
- Will Climate Change Cause More Migrants than Wars?
- Leveraging Climate Finance in Africa
- Africa Gains Momentum in Green Climate Solutions
- ICBA scientists start growing halophytic vegetables in UAE
- Growth in global economy exceeds expectations, but increased risks could threaten economic outlook, UN report says