Nearly 66 years ago, an American journalist was found dead in Greece, his wrists and ankles bound and gunshot wounds in the back of his head. George Polk had been covering the civil war between the Communist Party (KKE) and the Greek government for CBS news and his assassination, which has been much debated, shocked [...]
On March 14, 2001, news watchers in India sat glued to their television sets as reels of hidden camera footage unspooled on the screen, revealing a story of corruption, greed and malfeasance that would shake society for years to come.
“Operation West End“ – a sting carried out by two young journalists commissioned by the [...]
- Cities Address a Key Challenge: Infrastructure Needs
- Are Public Enterprises Necessarily Inefficient?
- Climate Doomsday – Another Step Closer
- UN Cuba Embargo Vote: United States Abstains for First Time
- Funding Lags to Combat Land Degradation
- Stronger Collaboration for Greater Energy Access in Asia Pacific
- Cuba’s Fish Farming Industry Seeks to Double Output by 2030
- UN Must Fight Tax Evasion, Says UN Expert
- Kenya Greens Drylands to Combat Land Degradation
- Climate Deal on HFCs