Nearly 66 years ago, an American journalist was found dead in Greece, his wrists and ankles bound and gunshot wounds in the back of his head. George Polk had been covering the civil war between the Communist Party (KKE) and the Greek government for CBS news and his assassination, which has been much debated, shocked [...]
On March 14, 2001, news watchers in India sat glued to their television sets as reels of hidden camera footage unspooled on the screen, revealing a story of corruption, greed and malfeasance that would shake society for years to come.
“Operation West End“ – a sting carried out by two young journalists commissioned by the [...]
- Better Water Management Needed to Eradicate Poverty
- OPINION: From Almaty to Vienna, New Prospects For LLDCs
- There’s CO2 Under Those Hills
- Crisis Fuelled Resurgence of Horse-Drawn Carriages in Cuba
- OPINION: Rousseff Re-elected President – What Lies Ahead for Brazil?
- Fossil Fuels Won’t Benefit Africa in Absence of Sound Environmental Policies
- OPINION: Towards an Inclusive and Sustainable Future for Industrial Development
- They Say the Land is ‘Uninhabited’ but Indigenous Communities Disagree
- Decline Before Fall of Berlin Wall
- St. Vincent Takes to Heart Hard Lessons on Climate Change