Sabina Zaccaro is the IPS correspondent in Rome, where she attended last week’s IFAD Governing Council meeting. A central theme of the meeting was the power of partnerships to support small farmers worldwide.
Kanayo F. Nwanze from Nigeria was appointed by acclamation for a second four-year term as IFAD President. “A question that we [...]
- Human Development – Latin America Less Than Halfway There
- Antigua Weighs High Cost of Fossil Fuels
- Outlawing Polygamy to Combat Gender Inequalities, Domestic Violence in Papua New Guinea
- Drought and Misuse Behind Lebanon’s Water Scarcity
- A Carrot Is a Carrot – or Is It?
- For Many Asian LGBT Youth, Homophobia Starts at Home
- Thousands of New Yorkers Protest Gaza Killings
- OPINION: The Affinity Between Iraqi Sunni Extremists and the Rulers of Saudi Arabia
- South Stymies North in Global Trade Talks
- Fish Before Fields to Improve Egypt’s Food Production