In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was fully God (John 1:1).
We all know the power of words. Words have the power to heal and to destroy. You have probably experienced how words can either help or hurt you.
Since this is my last [...]
Last month I facilitated a dialogue for the Soul City Institute as part of the “Respect Me“ programme at the Wits University campus in Johannesburg.
After the dialogue, two young women approached me. One said that a good friend had recently disclosed her HIV positive status, and she wondered what to do, how to help.
Have you ever walked into a room and felt all eyes shift to you? When you were made to feel different because of your outfit, hairstyle or skin color?
Recently, I have. A few months ago, I mustered the courage to get a new, unique and chic hairstyle: a Mohawk, shaved sides and a gold braid [...]
A few months ago out of interest and as part of my research for my previous blog on teenage pregnancy, I had a chat with a group of teenagers from Soweto. We talked about transactional sex.
How is it possible that we know the correct behavior or the healthiest practice and yet we don’t follow it?
Wait! Is it human nature or just lack of discipline?
This happens to me in the area of … yes, weight gain! No amount of knowledge I acquire or books I read help me [...]
In a day and age where people celebrate everything exposed on open platforms, social networks and the streets, “show everything or show nothing at all” is what we live by.
Strangely, our social media culture promotes and celebrates such behavior, where people always feel the need to share what they [...]
Some things just go beautifully together
Peanut butter and jam sandwiches,
Chocolate chip cookies and milk,
Fish and chips,
Boys and girls. Or at least that’s what adolescent boys think and what adolescent [...]
- Youth Survivors, Activists Will Hold Governments Accountable to Call to Action on Ending Child Labour
- ‘By Deliberately Ignoring Risk, the World Is Bankrolling Its Own Destruction’
- What India Needs To Do To Achieve Net-Zero Status by 2070
- What the Russian Invasion Means for Syria
- Youth Demand a Voice in Call-To-Action on Child Labour
- Caring for Water Where Mining Leads to Wealth and Tragedies in Brazil
- As COVID Wanes, Tuberculosis Deaths Must Become Visible
- Former Child Labourer, now Lawyer, Passes Light of Freedom to Others
- Debt Distress in Africa: Problems and Ways Forward
- Technology for Tracing the Work of Child Labour Could Help End the Practice